Full Service for my THP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Service for my THP

I took my thp recently at my local (cyprus) citroen dealer for the first major service.

My car has done 8,200kilometers ( Not Miles) so far , and the full service included the following:

Oil/oil filter change
    Air filter change
    Aircondition/cabin filter change
    Spark plugs change
    Brake fluid change ( i own the car for 2 years now )

I paid 285 euros for this service (230GBP)

I don't know if i paid a bit too much as most of the things i could have done it my self.. however i had two complains for my service

1. Spark plugs --> i think they should be replaced every 20,000km ?
    2. The recommended oil for the thp by total and citroen is 5w30, i even email total oils and ask them if the 5w30 was ok for my country since its a hot place with high temperatures during summer, they replied to me saying that i should not be worry about it because the 5w30 was developed for the thp engine and tested in various climates, and thats the best oil to use for the engine. However during the oil change i noticed that they have used a 5w40 semi synthetic . I complained about it but the service rep told me that the semi synthetic is much better for hot climates and also it provides much better protection than the 5w30..ofcourse they would't admit that they made a mistake on the otherhand,,so there was not any point arguing with him any longer

Hi Eagle- price seems about right- did it drive a any better?
    Think what to learn from this may be to tell/ask what sort of oil they use before the service
    Cant see any type of oil doing any damage and would have thought a CITROEN service agent would have looked up the type of oil needed.
    Hope alls well
    CBLUE
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
    X