Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Light Bulbs

Hey Guys,

There may be a post on here already but do halfords do any suitable sidelights that don't suck?
    As its getting darker in the mornings I now have to put my lights on so people can see me from behind on the motorway. But the sidelights are really dim compared to the running lights. I also dislike the yellow tint to them (i think it makes the car look old :P) so am looking for some lights to get rather quickly from a shop. I have read about the bulbs you can get online, but looking for some to pick up.

So after all that, does anybody know any shops in the west midlands area that does bright white/ blue road legal side light bulbs?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Belle Ile Blue
    /Onyx Black - VTI 120 - DStyle

Check Out My Custom Subwoofer Boot Build

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...-s-Simple-Mods

good luck. from experience not a great selection of places around here to source bits like tht. i get mine off ebay mostly 2-3 day postage n job done. nothin mods tuner wise round here.

Comment

Try these, I have them in my car and bike and can be seen no problems, day or night

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-VERY-H...ht_1873wt_1344

I've ordered a few things off aceparts and had no problems.

Comment

68 LED is the only way to go

Comment

Any chance of a link to where you got them from, plz

Need to see these

Comment

My sidelight confusion

Recently ordered some cheap LED sidelights (Not DRL) to try them out

When I went to fit them, it seems the original lamp was in a metal circular holder, retained in the headlight unit area with the metal spring clip things, but gingerley trying to persuade the lamp it didnt appear to want to come out. So left it.

The new lamp sent (Which was stated as fitting DS3) didnt fit into the connector that you disconnect from the original circular metal holder

So how you fit sidelight lamps? - do they come from supplier with the metal holder that is retained by the spring clip type thing, or do you force the old lamp consisting of all glass out of the metal holder thing.

Changed the dipped beam lamps no problem
            Silver appearance indicator lamps coming too
            CBLUE
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
              Recently ordered some cheap LED sidelights (Not DRL) to try them out

When I went to fit them, it seems the original lamp was in a metal circular holder, retained in the headlight unit area with the metal spring clip things, but gingerley trying to persuade the lamp it didnt appear to want to come out. So left it.

The new lamp sent (Which was stated as fitting DS3) didnt fit into the connector that you disconnect from the original circular metal holder

So how you fit sidelight lamps? - do they come from supplier with the metal holder that is retained by the spring clip type thing, or do you force the old lamp consisting of all glass out of the metal holder thing.

Changed the dipped beam lamps no problem
              Silver appearance indicator lamps coming too
              CBLUE
              Sounds like you're trying to take the main beam lamp out. The sidelight lamps push into a black plastic holder which is held in the headlamp unit by plastic clips built into the holder, also there's no plug on the holder it's wired direct iirc. I'm at work tonight, maybe able to pop down to the carpark and take some pictures if it'll help.
              DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Nice one ARLOW- you were spot on. My error, tart that I am.
                Got them in and working- just flickered a lot so will get them changed as believe some do flicker
                Thanks for your help
                ANOTHER pint I o u. Will have to make a reservation at a German Beer festival at this rate
                CBLUE
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                  Nice one ARLOW- you were spot on. My error, tart that I am.
                  Got them in and working- just flickered a lot so will get them changed as believe some do flicker
                  Thanks for your help
                  ANOTHER pint I o u. Will have to make a reservation at a German Beer festival at this rate
                  CBLUE
                  get ones marked "canbus no error" or somethin similar. i had flickering ones for a while they are fine and stop after a minute but got others instead

Comment

Originally posted by mattds3sport View Post
                    get ones marked "canbus no error" or somethin similar. i had flickering ones for a while they are fine and stop after a minute but got others instead
                    Nice one- will do
                    CBLUE
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

somethin like this : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-ERROR-F...item43a95d704b

cant find exact ones i got but these are similar

Comment

Originally posted by mattds3sport View Post
                        somethin like this : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-ERROR-F...item43a95d704b
                        cant find exact ones i got but these are similar
                        Yep- looks similar fitment to what I just tried. I notice they put a disclaimer on the fact that they still may flicker so may have another look around. cheers for the help
                        CBLUE
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                        X