Cold Starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Starting

I have a ds3 1.6 petrol , 2 years old with 7600 miles which has developed a bad cold starting problem.
    When i start the car it will only run for only 10 to 15 seconds and cut out, when i try to start again i have to rev the engine a lot but the engine sound rough and does for a good few minutes. The car has been in the local citroen dealer since Wednesday , they admit there is a fault but have not found a cure .. Has anyone had similar problems and found a cure ??????

The key to any engine is air, fuel and spark. If the engine is cutting out and you have to rev the engine in order to stop this my money is on fuel.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

If its a THP try changing the high pressure fuel pump
      Mine had a similar fault and that cured it
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

My 1.6 120 Dstyle plus has the same problem.
        My dealer can't find any fault at the moment and of course there's no engine management light on so no error message.
        Have many other people with the 120 bhp engine had this problem?
        Doing a search seems to bring up a temperature sensor problem, has anyone got a fault code for this?

Cheers
        Mark
        CCC Citroenian "New DS" columnist.
        Catering for DS3, 4 & 5.

Comment

I have the same problem. In dealer just now to try find problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
            The key to any engine is air, fuel and spark. If the engine is cutting out and you have to rev the engine in order to stop this my money is on fuel.
            As bigfeet says, it could be a number of things but in colder climate the fuel is usually boosted until the engine is warm. perhaps Temp Sensor is not working correctly. best get it into the dealer.
            Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Working...
            X