DS3 Passenger seat - back adjuster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Passenger seat - back adjuster

Please help. I think my manager has broken my seat! He's pulled the adjuster to put his bag in the back but we then couldn't get the back to clip back into place. Now I've been driving home with the seat lashing
    forward and back and the back isn't clipping!! Can anyone help. I've only had the car a few months and I'm not used to this seat adjustment!
    Thankyou.

Click on the link below. Broken Front passenger seat

See other similar threads
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks. I can't get it to work on my phone so ill check when I get in.
      I've been here nearly an hour trying to adjust using all the levers but its not working.
      Ill have to go to the dealers tomorrow and expect an extortionate charge!!
      Thankyou �� (that's my frustrated fact btw!)

Comment

so is the whole seat moving or just the back ?
        see this:
        http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...eat+adjustment

Comment

The whole seat moves back and forth and the back wont clip into place either. I've tried all the fiddling about with it.
          No good ��

Comment

Hubby just had a look and he thinks its a cable between the lever and the bottom of the seat which may have snapped.
            I know my boss only moved the seat to put his bag in the back. It wasn't done with any force tho. I wonder if its covered
            under warranty?

Comment

this happened to me i had someone sit on it drive thn brake and it clipped into place. if it has snapped i wud think it is under warrenty.

Comment

What were you doing with your Boss in the car to be messing around with the seats is what I wanna know

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                  What were you doing with your Boss in the car to be messing around with the seats is what I wanna know
                  Ewwww! He's old enough to be my pops!

Comment

Originally posted by mattds3sport View Post
                    this happened to me i had someone sit on it drive thn brake and it clipped into place. if it has snapped i wud think it is under warrenty.
                    Thankyou. I'll try that before I pop to the dealers tonight.

Comment

Hopefully it's not broken

read this
                      Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

I've been to the dealer who had a play with it. He's booked it in for 3 days next week to investigate and repair. I don't know if its under warranty and he said he couldn't say until they've opened it up and looked. I have to drive around for the next 7 days with the seat swinging around!!! To be fair, they're giving me a Mazda 2 to drive around in (and knowing my luck it'll be a lovely green one!!!). Its times like this i wish I kept the VXR!
                        Thanks for everyone's help

Comment

B1na- try not worry bout it. Worse things happen.
                          If its not under warranty they should call you to tell you if there is a cost, and if so what cost.
                          Seats shouldnt go wrong even with a bit of manhandling, so stick to your guns that its a warranty issue
                          Dont go into detail how it happened- It just happened
                          3 days seems a bit long for a seat- wonder how long they'd want for a head gasket!
                          Anyway- sure will be OK- Let us know
                          CBLUE
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                            B1na- try not worry bout it. Worse things happen.
                            If its not under warranty they should call you to tell you if there is a cost, and if so what cost.
                            Seats shouldnt go wrong even with a bit of manhandling, so stick to your guns that its a warranty issue
                            Dont go into detail how it happened- It just happened
                            3 days seems a bit long for a seat- wonder how long they'd want for a head gasket!
                            Anyway- sure will be OK- Let us know
                            CBLUE
                            Thankyou! I'm just frustrated to wait a week before they book it in and then not knowing for a few days. I have had to feed the rear seat belt through the front seat headrest and strapped the seat from flying around.
                            Its got to be mechanical because we move the seats properly all the time and ive watched the wagging finger video so know its right!! I'll keep you posted. Thx again

Comment

where are you? perhaps someone is close enough who had the same prob to sort.

Comment

Working...
                              X