PROBLEM!! Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROBLEM!! Please help

hi, im new to this forum, but i have the 1.6 155bhp turbo, basically i used to drive racing everywhere, but ive calmed down a lot recently and been driving carefully for the last 2-3 months, i have a few modifications, i have a front mount intercooler, uprated recirc vlave and a k&n panel filter. up until now i have not had any issues, theyve been on the car for over 4 months. randomly out of nowhere my engine warning light comes on and my car goes into limp mode, ive taken it to a garage but they have no diagnostics machines so they cant accurately tell the problem, but from listening and sight they've seen that my actuator arm is loose, would this cause my car to go into this mode? im taking it to citroen on thursday but the mechanics there are useless, any help as to what this issue could be? if it is the actuator is this easily fixed? also i have lost all boost pressure, it feels like the turbo is innactive

thanks a lot,
    Dan

There is some info at the bottom of this page in the Similar Threads box that might help until someone helps out further

Welcome btw.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Yes Welcome, welcome to THP ownership...

Let the buttfucking commence !

Comment

Welcome to the club and check the other thp threads

Comment

Try this thread for starters...

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...thp+power+loss

Comment

Welcome
            DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

I would start looking for boost leaks first ....................you take it to a normal dealer with them mods and they will not have a clue and TBH more than lightly will not touch it

I was going to mod my THP but after all the probs I have had I thought better leave alone
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post
                ....you take it to a normal dealer with them mods and they will not have a clue...
                Please don't tar every dealer with this brush.

Your dealer will have access to all the necessary diagnostic items but because of the modifications there is no way that you will be able to claim under warranty but they will be at least able to help solve what ever issue has arisen. Our dealership has stepped in many a time to fix bodged mods by many an amateur spanner monkey.
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                  Sorry should have said most

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post
                    Sorry should have said most
                    I'll accept 'almost'......lol!
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I'll accept 'almost'......lol!
                      True I was not having a pop at all dealers but experience tells me if you turn up with loads of extra non Citroen kit on your engine more often or not they go blank

Comment

Your dealer will have access to all the necessary diagnostic items but because of the modifications there is no way that you will be able to claim under warranty but they will be at least able to help solve what ever issue has arisen. Our dealership has stepped in many a time to fix bodged mods by many an amateur spanner monkey.
                        This..

BCC Bolton were kind enough to replace my Fuel pump when I thought my warranty would be invalid due to the mods in place.

I've since been in to look at another problem, they've ran it on the diagnostics and given me the faults I need to work on. Unfortunately in this instance they'd be risking their neck with Citroen should they try to claim this one as warranty work so it's back to me to fix.
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                        X