water in spare wheel well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water in spare wheel well

Just a heads up for those who might not be aware of this issue.

I've just swapped onto my winter wheels and therefore had to get the tool kit from under the boot carpet - to say that there was water in there would be an understatement - it was sloshing around 50mm deep! Evidently they don't call it a well for nothing

I've had the car for over two years and have never found this before, having checked when the issue came up on the forum some time ago.

Now the only thing that's changed is my washing method, and it seems to me that using a pressure washer might be a factor here.

Anyway the Inforapid is out there and I had the replacement boot vents fitted under warranty on Monday

Pop outside, lift that carpet up, and check your wheel well for peace of mind at least
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

does this affect the newer models as well

Comment

Having had a wet summer and use a Karcher to clean my 2012 Airdream, no problems to report with my boot filling with water
      sigpic

Comment

We know what you've been doing, Owd git!

Comment

Originally posted by AJ07 View Post
          Having had a wet summer and use a Karcher to clean my 2012 Airdream, no problems to report with my boot filling with water
          just the earlier cars I would guess
          Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Cheers Owd git

Comment

Working...
            X