WTF and her faults...*sigh*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed!

So it was our favourite two words 'Timing Chain'.................

She'd been going through oil at an abnormal rate, even for the 120, a bottle in a month and the oil on my right drivers side wheel hinted something was up.

Took her in today, and the Timing chain bolt was loose, causing the oil to leak from the engine - when looking under my bonnet last week, there was loads sitting on the plate under the engine.

Service said Citroen don't dead lock them on, so after time with movement and changes in heat it has a tendency to wiggle loose.

Tightened back up, engine bay cleaned, brake disk, wheel and hub cleaned up. With the oil over this it said ESP faulty last week -_-

WTF is a beast and has done 58k miles.

Normal service has resumed.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Pleased to hear she's fixed Joni !
      Last edited by lfcrule1972; 24-06-2013, 18:32.
      sigpic

Comment

I had a couple of oil leaks with mine, garage wasn't sure what the problem was but could it be the same as yours? .. Last time my oil sump was soaked with oil !!

Comment

New noise!

Well she went in again yesterday, she has been making a whistling/strimmer noise.

Diagnosed with a bearing going in my gearbox. How awesome does that sound! -_-

Warranty is up in 2 days, so trying for a 30 day extended warranty. Quite a labour intensive repair.

Oh, and she failed her MOT because my backbox rear mount has corroded, this again will be covered by warranty...........that expires on tomorrow.

Oh, and she has a chipped windscreen

Oh, and a nail in her wheel.

She's totes awesome at the moment.
          My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
            Oh, and she failed her MOT because my backbox rear mount has corroded, this again will be covered by warranty...........that expires on tomorrow.
            Mine went in for its third service last week. I asked them to investigate an exhaust resonance at 2,000 - 2,300 rpm. They found that it was caused by a snapped bracket on the back box, requiring a new exhaust. Fortunately the £386.45 cost of the exhaust was covered by the warranty!

The MoT tester had missed it!

Comment

But you still love her
              sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear WTF is on the mend Joni .
                If in Doubt FLAT OUT!!!!!!!!

Comment

Oh, and she has a chipped windscreen

Oh, and a nail in her wheel.
                  Better than a chipped nail eh??
                  Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                  Take a pride in your ride
                  @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Well she went in again yesterday, she has been making a whistling/strimmer noise.

Diagnosed with a bearing going in my gearbox. How awesome does that sound! -_-

Warranty is up in 2 days, so trying for a 30 day extended warranty. ...
                    Why extended warranty?

If your existing warranty is still current (even if only just!) then AFAIK you're covered for all relevant faults reported (even if the work happens after the expiry date.

I expect "Mr Bigfeet" or some other equally knowledgeable person will be along in a moment to confirm or contradict!

In the meantime - good luck with WTF being restored to full health.

B
                    Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

We sell alot of back boxes for the DS3 under warranty so this is one to keep an eye on!
                      Speaking of funny noises, I've noticed since i had my car whenever i set off i get a "twang" sound and you can feel it through the pedals :/
                      :ds3:The Parts Advisor:ds3:
                      Partsworld-UK.com
                      Email
                      Call: 01246 268896
                      We're also dealers for Alfa, Fiat, Abarth, Hyundai, Seat, Suzuki and Volvo
                      *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                        If your existing warranty is still current (even if only just!) then AFAIK you're covered for all relevant faults reported (even if the work happens after the expiry date.
                        I suspect that you're assuming that Citroen have a logic chain that they follow when it comes to common sense.. Shame on you.
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
                          Better than a chipped nail eh??
                          I'd much prefer a chipped nail!!

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                          Why extended warranty?

I expect "Mr Bigfeet" or some other equally knowledgeable person will be along in a moment to confirm or contradict!

In the meantime - good luck with WTF being restored to full health.

B
                          Yeah, my Dad said the same. They should honour it from the date I took it in rather than when they can fix it.

We'll see -_-

They have been really good to me though
                          My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

I'd agree that is the right way of doing things too, let's hope CUK feel the same !
                            sigpic

Comment

Motors always cost some money to maintain, even with a warranty
                              Trying to keep the cost down is the issue
                              That lot shouldn't be too pricey WTF.

I used to set aside £500 for maintenance on any normal vehicle

That why you are fed up with it...........or just fancy a change?
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                                Motors always cost some money to maintain, even with a warranty
                                Trying to keep the cost down is the issue
                                That lot shouldn't be too pricey WTF.

I used to set aside £500 for maintenance on any normal vehicle

That why you are fed up with it...........or just fancy a change?
                                I think the point is that it's more of a burden to keep having to go back to Citreon every month to fix each and every fault that keeps occuring.

Bellone corrosion, oil leaks, gearbox bearing, piston failure, oil pump failure, water pump failure, corrosion on the back box.

That's only a short list. For a car that's only just turned three they're not doing well for making a good technical impression on buyers.
                                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                                X