Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car quires

Hi everyone.

Had my THP DS3 for about 2 weeks now and absolutely love it. Just got a couple of issues which may or may not be normal?

First, my steering wheel points ever so slightly to the left when the car is traveling straight, it is not the tracking its just a wonky wheel. I know its only slight but it's quite annoying. Does anyone know if it's more bother than it's worth to try and fix this?

Secondly, I have noticed a hissing noise coming from the engine bay after I turn the engine off. It sounds like it is coming from around the radiator area. I have also noticed the engine bay gets very hot. Not sure is this is normal or not, have no experience with turbo engines.

Thanks for any help!

Neil

Second one mentioned I put down to the intercooler however there are a number of theories and it's completely normal. Just allow it to turn off itself.

With regards to the wonky wheel, not sure what could be the cause there.

Glad to hear your enjoying the car though
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thanks, it wasn't something I was too worried about, i just always hear different noises on a new car.

Yeah the car is definitely worth the 4 month wait!

Comment

My steering wheel is off slightly to the right, not my tracking either I'm going to go get it sorted out on my next day off.

Comment

My wheel's slightly out to the right as well. Not sure if it's annoying enough to take it back to the dealers to sort or not.

Comment

I haven't yet but i would expect my car to have a straight wheel when I'm driving in a straight line. Not so annoying but need to get it sorted.

Comment

As long as there has been no DS3 drivers veering off the roads with wonky steering wheels then it's ok I suppose!

Comment

yeah, do not want to be following toyota and there recalls lol

Comment

Hi,

I posted a wile ago about my wonky steering wheel issue. After taking it to the dealer they agreed and said all they could do to try and fix it was a 4 wheel alignment. Does anyone in the know feel that this would help?

Thanks.

Comment

Should do, but to be honest without seeing a picture of the wonky wheel it's hard to tell.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Me too. I have a wonky wheel. It's very minor though. Used to it now. M*n*s are the same. The official word from them is it's a "safety" feature.. If you let go of the wheel you will only take out pedestrians and not an oncoming car.

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth View Post
                        If you let go of the wheel you will only take out pedestrians and not an oncoming car.
                        That's not so bad then.
                        Extra points for prams and bus queues?

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth View Post
                          The official word from them is it's a "safety" feature.. If you let go of the wheel you will only take out pedestrians and not an oncoming car.
                          . . . which is utter crap! If you let go of the wheel & it continues in a straight line, as it should, you don't hit anything!

Comment

Of course it's crap!

Comment

I Had the same issue with my DS3
                              Steering wheel was slight to the left and went back to the dealership.

They solved the problem within the day and offered me a free car to drive to my work.
                              I'm reaaly pleased with this dealership (visiting them allready for 6 years)
                              DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Working...
                              X