Tyre rubbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre rubbing

Do the wheels rub on full lock on any of your cars?
    Mine do, anything to worry about in the long term future?

Not on either of the ones I've had

Comment

Rub on the inner arches? No they should not, sounds like that one of your splash guards has come loose so I would suggest you go and get it checked out at your dealer.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

No rubbing and lowered 45mm with bigger tires.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Is your car standard height and with DS3 wheels ?

A little bit of rubbing is fine. It's the alloy crunching against the suspension is what you need to look out for - used to happen to me when I had my 9" wide Borbets on the front. Could only turn the steering wheel 1 revolution either way xD

I'm lowered 45mm and with 18x8 alloys up front. With a 225/40 tyre it used to constantly catch in the arch liner but as I'm lowering it more next week I've just put on 215/35 and they're fine for now...

Comment

If it's standard, it shouldn't rub.

Biggie's probably hit the nail on the proverbial.

Comment

Thanks guys, yeah it's all standard.
              Ill check it out and see if any thing is loose, maybe wont harm to give a clean under there too.

Full lock to the right, i think from nearside front.

Comment

My tyres seemed to have rubbed when on full lock too it's a dsport with Michelin tyres used to do my head in I have recently had to replace the two front tyres (an one alloy thanks to a giant pothole!) I replaced the tyres with Dunlop sport 9000 as I like the pattern lol, the car handles so much better than before the tyres re quieter 67db to be exact and no more rubbing! Bonus, just a quickie do you have the Michelin tyres fitted?

Comment

Originally posted by jps74 View Post
                  My tyres seemed to have rubbed when on full lock too it's a dsport with Michelin tyres used to do my head in I have recently had to replace the two front tyres (an one alloy thanks to a giant pothole!) I replaced the tyres with Dunlop sport 9000 as I like the pattern lol, the car handles so much better than before the tyres re quieter 67db to be exact and no more rubbing! Bonus, just a quickie do you have the Michelin tyres fitted?
                  Hi there, no. I have the standard Bridgestone Potenza's.

I have checked both front turned both ways and there is NO touching and the inner arches look sound.
                  Funny enough haven't noticed it for a while now, maybe it just happens when i go over a pine cone at work / and a small curb at home on full lock?

Comment

Its doing it when on full lock and going over a small bump (less than an inch).
                    Should this be something i should be mentioning to the dealers?

Comment

As with a lot of these issues being discussed in the forum I would definitely mention it to the dealers....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by beck_4ever View Post
                        Its doing it when on full lock and going over a small bump (less than an inch).
                        I've noticed the same with my DS3. I have standard 17" DS3 wheels and Potenzas. Haven't figured out onto which it rubs though. With 16" winter tyres no problems.

Comment

Hmm.... I'll find out today as they're checking it over (also to sort out juddering problem too).

It seems to be rubbing more frequently now. I believe it's the nearside front when turnging full lock to the right.

Comment

I get more of a dragging effect on mine from the n/s front, usually when reversing. Feels like the tracking is way out.

Comment

The tyre rubbing and dash noise i will have to go out with the mechanic to demonstrate nxt week.....
                              There is quite a rub, it physically stops the car from accelerating.

They say this is 'normal' for DS3's.......

Comment

Working...
                              X