Rear Parking Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Parking Sensors

Havinh just bought my DS3 () im still at the newbie stage.

My question is regarding the Rear Parking Sensors.

How do you activate them, because at the moment in reverse gear it shows the car on the my way screen but doesnt make any beeping noises when im reversing near objects.

Ive looked in the Manual and cant see anything.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Are you near objects ? Sorry not being sarky but on mine the beeping starts when I get close to objects. Does it beep once when you select reverse ? Mine does and I guess if yours doesn't that might mean a different system ?
    sigpic

Comment

About 3 yards away and yea it does beep when i put it in reverse. Does yours beep oftern in reverse?

Comment

I think you'll need to be a bit closer, as I get closer to objects lines appear behind the car on the screen and indicate the proximity and the beeping gets closer together. If I were you I'd practice with something soft to check yours is working ok.... I think it is but understandably you're nervous about getting too close.
        sigpic

Comment

Ok thanks and yea didnt want to get to close lol but i shall give it a try

Comment

Hi Robbo,

Another good test, would be to back another car right up to yours (someone stood there of course) - switch on your engine and put it in reverse - if you're within a foot or so of the car behind you should immediately get two or even three bars displayed and either beeping or a constant beep if your system thinks you're about to hit it. Mine even beeps away regarding my hedge as I tend to reverse with the hedge parallel with a tiny gap from the passenger side to the hedge to discourage anyone getting in there and catching the hedge! In this case the beeping is accompanied by 'side' angle bars indicating the obstacle is on the left hand side of the car.

Regards,
            Clive.
            CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
            DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Put a big cuddly toy or decorating sheets behind your car and reverse towards those
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                Put a big cuddly toy or decorating sheets behind your car and reverse towards those
                Good idea except I would use my mother in law, hopefully the sensors would be broke
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Ha ha that would be funny.....
                  sigpic

Comment

Mine can be a bit tempremental, especially side walls
                    On my last car the sensors went round the corner bumper a little, which were good
                    Now these are just straight backwards and think they get confused where the wall is when reversing into a space :rolleyes:
                    CBLUE
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

That's odd, mine appear to cope fine with side walls or hedges and indicate correctly on the in car display.
                      sigpic

Comment

I've got two sensors - one either side of my nose!
                        On such a small car why do people need reversing sensors?

JB (Oops better stop signing my name - might upset Fishy )

Comment

Never had them before my Focus- but think theyre really helpful
                          Its not just walls and things behind you- even people which is rather helpful
                          How many times someone run across the back of the car when just starting to reverse
                          Find it helpful me
                          CBLUE
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Got my mrs to stand behind the car and yes they do work .

Like people said its a small car however they do give you an extra piece of mind.

Also, had the car for two days and loving every minute

Comment

You know the easiest way to test would be to pop the car into reverse and had your Mrs wave her hand over one of the sensors....

By the way the single beep when you engage reverse gear is to inform you that the system is working.
                              Last edited by Bigfeet; 31-01-2013, 14:03.
                              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                              X