Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking sensor failure

Hi,

I've got a parking sensor failure that came out of nowhere. Suddenly it gave errors for no good reason, now the errors are gone but it constantly thinks there is something right behind me, very annoying. I looked at the sensors and there is nothing visible on them. Will give them a good cleaning but I'm afraid that is not the problem. Do I need a visit to the garage for this? Just came from there last thursday when I busted a rim due to the weather.

If your DS3 is still in warranty I would definitely get it back to the dealer, yes it's a pain but it will save you the hassle of checking fuses/relays or sensors yourself....
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah should be covered under warranty. Dealer it is then, there are no easy-to-fix problems that usually cause a failure like this?

Comment

Sounds like a failed sensor so you will need to see your dealer.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Allright, to the dealer it is then Thnx!

Comment

The wife seemed to have this problem last week, but it's gone away for the moment, was worried ourselves, but we,ll see how it goes.
            Darren
            sigpic

Comment

mine had this problem last night and this morning found out it was due a very thick layer of clear ice that had built up around the back bumper and sensors, once cleared worked fine so hopefully be nothing major for you!

Comment

I cleaned it with my spray-on window cleaner, didn't have anything else at the ready. Didn't help, error is gone and didn't come back but it just always thinks there is something right behind me. Can't be anything frozen because the car was in an underground garage for 9+ hours and that garage is at least 10 degrees.

Comment

Car is currently in the dealer, he had a similar situation yesterday which need a whole new computer, hope I am more fortunate than that.

Comment

Oh let us know what they say when they fix it.....
                    sigpic

Comment

Well got it back friday, have to take it in again this friday, they want to replace all parking sensors just to be sure. Doesn't seem to be a computer error.

Comment

Seems a bit extreme.....

They only need to test each sensor in turn to identify which one is causing the trouble.

Comment

Yeah I don't know, I just let them do what they want. I get a replacement car and everything is covered under warrenty. They are a friendly dealership so I trust they make the right judgement.

Comment

Problem solved, three out of four parking sensors are replaced and the system is working again!

While the car was at the dealers I got a replacement Kia Rio, also a nice car but just not the same class.

Comment

Three out of four?

Comment

Working...
                              X