It's the little things - 3 years old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the little things - 3 years old

So, my baby is coming up to the ripe old age of 3 years @ 24,500 miles.
    Here is a list of small things that have started to happen- NOT the big things like timing issues, wheel corrosion etc...

1. Near side tyre rubbing inner trim when on full lock AND going over raised ground (<1 inch)
    2. Side skirt trim popping out of chasis (rear nearside) - I pop it back in and then it's fine for a while...
    3. Rear number plate chrome stip plate slightly detatched from car (not obvious)
    4. Rear number plate bulb plastic covers have dissapeared
    5. Really annoying high pitched rattle by front hi-fi system on dash
    6. A little hole has appeared in the leather gear gaiter (not obvious)
    7. I dont think that the air con kicks in sometimes if already on when engine is started (have to turn it off then on again for it to enable)

I'm not sure whether to have these/some looked at by the dealers under warranty, what do you guys reckon?
    Would be interesting to hear all of your minor issues starting to appear......?

I would say take it to the dealers and get the faults looked at.
    e-HDi 110 DSport Plus Perla Nera Black Metallic

Comment

I gave my dealer a list of things to look at when they did the MOT, and I reckon they did about half of them...

It's interesting how so many of the common faults are external trim/bodywork-related.

I've got a holy gear gaiter too, but I didn't spot it for ages, as the holes are on the passenger side. I forgot to put it on my list, so the next owner will now inherit it.

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
        I've got a holy gear gaiter too, but I didn't spot it for ages, as the holes are on the passenger side. I forgot to put it on my list, so the next owner will now inherit it.
        Same here, on the passenger side!
        I will email them the list, will be interesting how much of it they will fix.
        Though dealer's a very good one and very friendly.

Comment

Ditto - passenger side - seems very common!

JB

Comment

Working...
          X