Timing Chain Gone AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was nothing wrong with the car just the crap engine

I still support the concept of the DS3 it's really cool and different lets hope the Diesel engine is better than the thp Let's be honest could not be worst

Got a good trade in price on mine even though the dealer knows the history and a good price on the new one

Keep our fingers crossed
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Good luck to you Monkey, you deserve it
      For some of us lucky ones (Fingers crossed) its been good sailing . Approaching 21k me
      CBLUE
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Just got rid of my RED thp and it had another timing chain failure definite when the dealer had it last week and I was so fed up with it letting me down they suspected it and after checking the timing it was out a mile so the chain assy had failed AGAIN !!!! less than 20K after the first one had

What a crock of shit that engine is and that has cost me more monthly outlay on a new car and all the lost time/work petrol etc including a 40K service which lasted 4 days before the engine was ripped apart again!!!

Needless to say CUK has had a polite phone call from me asking them about some form of goodwill (laughing out loud while typing) due to the trouble I have had

I think all of these maybe ticking time bombs

Comment

Hard luck Monkey- lifes not fair sometimes
          Thinkin moving my 150 on altho no problems in 21 thou
          CBLUE
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

You're thinking about selling yours Chris ? Haven't you been spending a bit on modding it lately ?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
              Hard luck Monkey- lifes not fair sometimes
              Thinkin moving my 150 on altho no problems in 21 thou
              CBLUE
              It does make you think that way Chris the 110 derv burner in the same trim ie;D Sport plus is a good motor it surprised me. Then re map whooooow oodles of grunt

Comment

Remaps are v popular on the forum....
                Last edited by lfcrule1972; 29-03-2014, 15:25.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  You're thinking about selling yours Chris ? Haven't you been spending a bit on modding it lately ?
                  Yes- I have a plan- lets see what happens
                  Modding wont go to waste- where you going for your remap lfc, and how much? - PM if you like

And Monkey- I recently had a new edhi 115 sport for a courtesy, and it was nice to be honest
                  Just wasnt a petrol- I love the reaction and spirit of a petrol. All that can be said IMO
                  CBLUE
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

And Monkey- I recently had a new edhi 115 sport for a courtesy, and it was nice to be honest
                    Just wasnt a petrol- I love the reaction and spirit of a petrol. All that can be said IMO
                    CBLUE
                    Hi Chris I am a Petrol at heart but I feel this is fine but a remap would make it "very interesting"

Comment

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the remap
                      Last edited by lfcrule1972; 29-03-2014, 15:26.
                      sigpic

Comment

The worry with the engines is modifying them- its not so much the warranty will be void, its the fact that the added pressures on the engine might make them more liable to failure, and reducing lifespan.
                        Would have thought the timing chain/tensioner , and PCV issues had been resolved by now, and looking at the 155 with minimal reports of failings hopefully they have. Therefore modifying newer versions shouldnt be so risky. Well, thats my theory LOL
                        lfc- Me at Jamies Monday for a bit of work.
                        CBLUE
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

The worry with the engines is modifying them- its not so much the warranty will be void, its the fact that the added pressures on the engine might make them more liable to failure, and reducing lifespan.
                          Would have thought the timing chain/tensioner , and PCV issues had been resolved by now, and looking at the 155 with minimal reports of failings hopefully they have. Therefore modifying newer versions shouldnt be so risky. Well, thats my theory LOL
                          lfc- Me at Jamies Monday for a bit of work.
                          CBLUE
                          My engine had 2 of the updated/modified timing chain assemblies and they both failed when/if Cuk get back to me I await their comments/excuses.

I was going to map mine but after the first failure my experience told me "no way"

The new/updated engine even though looks the same I feel has not been around long enough to safely say they have cracked the problem this is why most of the other manufacturers have binned or will be dropping it,just a shame they bring out a radical car and install a shit power plant

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post
                            My engine had 2 of the updated/modified timing chain assemblies and they both failed when/if Cuk get back to me I await their comments/excuses.

I was going to map mine but after the first failure my experience told me "no way"

The new/updated engine even though looks the same I feel has not been around long enough to safely say they have cracked the problem this is why most of the other manufacturers have binned or will be dropping it,just a shame they bring out a radical car and install a shit power plant
                            Fair comment
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Being a Citroen Nut like I am curious are the New C4 and DS4 THP suffeting with these failures too?
                              A Citroën Fanatic

CE14 C3 Picasso 1.6i VTi Exclusive EGS In Pearl White, With 17" Clover Alloy Wheels, Black Pack, Chrome Mirror Covers, Mudflaps, Wind Deflectors, Hand Controls & Steering Ball.
                              CE11 WOH C3 1.6i VTi Exclusive Auto With 17” Sonneberg Alloy Wheels & Visability Pack.My Old Car.
                              CA10 KZB C4 Picasso 2.0HDi 138BHP VTR+ EGS, Brothers Old Car.

Comment

Working...
                              X