parking lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parking lights

is it possible to leave the car with the parking or side lights on?

it mentions this 'in passing' in the handbook but I cannot work out how to do it!

thanks in anticipation.

Just pull the beam stalk just after you switch the engine off and before you get out of the car, then the 'guide me home' lights will come on and stay on for about 60 seconds.

...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

what about leaving the side lights on for 10 minutes whilst you pop into the shops at night or in bad visibility?

or is it just that recent cars do not offer this facility?

thanks.

Comment

The multiplex wiring system doesn't allow this to happen, you may have noticed that your DS3 will power down things after a short while to conserve the battery. Besides the front and rear lights of modern cars have reflectors built in to allow the car to be seen at night.

Comment

thanks for that confirmation and for your other very useful contributions on this forum

Comment

that's odd - just left my sidelights on and they were still on 10 minutes later.............. but they may well power down when 'economy mode' activates after what is it 30 mins or so?

If I've been travelling with headlights on though and switch off, then all lights go off and I have to fiddle with the switch to get them back on without the ignition being on - similar thing with the wipers they don't even come back on when I restart the engine even though the switch is in the on position!

I wonder what happens if you breakdown on an unlit road and leave the hazard flashers on............do they time out?

Someone needs to experiment.........................
            Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Eco mode tend to kick in after 20-30 mins.

The reason the wipers need to be reset is simple - the windscreen may be covered in snoat a quick tip to all DS3 , leafs, etc when you come back to the car!

Talking of the wipers a quick tip for winter guys is NOT to use your wipers to clear snow or rub ice, the 'blade' wipers tend to stick to the windscreen much firmer than other wipers causeing them to rip and the your more likey to blow the wiper washer fuse as well. Best thing to do is clear the snow/ice by hand or use the A/C and uprate the wiper washer fuse from 10amp to 15amp.

The hazard flashers are on a speical circut which the eco mode does not switch off.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                Talking of the wipers a quick tip for winter guys is NOT to use your wipers to clear snow or rub ice, the 'blade' wipers tend to stick to the windscreen much firmer than other wipers causeing them to rip and the your more likey to blow the wiper washer fuse as well. Best thing to do is clear the snow/ice by hand or use the A/C and uprate the wiper washer fuse from 10amp to 15amp.
                Also, as mentioned in the Owner's Handbook, use the vertical park function to avoid a big build-up of snow under the wipers.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Also, as mentioned in the Owner's Handbook, use the vertical park function to avoid a big build-up of snow under the wipers.
                  Nice idea! Never thought of using the service function that way - give that man a cigar!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                    Nice idea! Never thought of using the service function that way - give that man a cigar!
                    I can't take credit for that - the manual quotes winter parking as one of the uses of the service function.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      Always Wondered Why My Car Did That !

Comment

Originally posted by T 24CK T View Post
                        Always Wondered Why My Car Did That !
                        Same, puzzled me for a couple of days at work. i thought someone was being a funny guy, till i noticed i was just hitting the stalk as i got out...doh
                        Citroen DS3 White - Samuel

Comment

me again - are you saying you can leave the sidelights on, take the key out of ignition and lock and leave the car?

if I leave the switch on side lights and take the key out and open the door the car beeps to tell me something (presumably that the light switch is still on) but the side lights are not illuminated.

the handbook makes a passing reference to this sidelight/parking light facility but i wonder if it is only in certian countries or part of the configuration of the individual car?

thanks again in anticipation of any help/information.

Comment

My DS3 doen't even bleep at me if I leave the lights on when switching ignition off and removing the key, It simply turns the lights off until the next time I use the car when they come back on.
                            Strangely I don't have the "auto" postion on the light stalk.
                            I haven't found any combination of switch positions etc that will leave ANY lights on when the car is locked, not even leaving the indictator on works (as it did with a previous car)
                            Last edited by John S; 11-11-2010, 10:23.

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
                              Strangely I don't have the "auto" postion on the light stalk.
                              You'll only have that if you have the City Signature option pack.

Comment

Working...
                              X