Brake pads/discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake pads/discs

Aight people, I've noticed what I think is a warped disc(s) on my THP along with excess travel in the brake pedal (meaning my brake pads a running low?). What I'm wondering is;
    1. Will Citroen cover this under warranty?
    2. If so, will they also cover the labour costs associated with it?

I've already called my stealership and they said they would have to contact Citroen AFTER I bring in my car for inspection. Just thought I'd ask here first to avoid some pain.

I should note my car has done just under 4000 kilometres.

Also if it is ok to write this here as well, I've smelt some 'hot' smells after being in congestion for at least 20min of under 30km/h. It isn't clutch smell as I've smelt that before. It just smells as though the engine is too hot even though my temp gauge is right in the middle. Ambient temps are around 28-35C depending on the day. Anyone have ideas?
    '11 Noir Obsidian Citroen DS3 Dstyle 120VTi w/ darkest legal tint, K&N High-flow filter, carbon side strips, deleted resonator, tech pack. SOLD!
    THE BEE '12 Sport Yellow Citroen DS3 DSport THP155 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

No they will most likely not cover it under warranty. brakes normally are not covered as they are wear and tear type items.

no idea about the smell
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

1. cant see citroen covering it, over here citroen warrenty doesnt cover brakes or exhausts (as far as im aware) because they are wear and tear items.
      2. If warrenty covers it then it covers parts and labour

Comment

I think the discs are covered under warranty up to 6,500 miles. I'm sure I've read that somwhere :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by lee1101 View Post
          I think the discs are covered under warranty up to 6,500 miles. I'm sure I've read that somwhere :confused:
          Really surprised if they are
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Quote from another thread. Seems the warranty is on the discs themselves

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
            Brakes are not covered by the warranty that is supplied by the vehicle, the 6500 miles element is to do with the parts themselves.

As your car has covered over 10,000 miles then there is nothing the dealer can do for you and I doubt that Citroen would knock anything off.

Comment

Been told my discs are slightly warped today. Either put up with the pad hitting the discs creating a tch, tch,tch sound you can hear with the window open- or try Citroen on the warranty- just over 7k miles and 4 month old

More interested in what an upgrade would be- vented and channelled discs? Would you have to upgrade calipers too? - before I get a rollicking-am be using search button
              This was first thread to come up
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                Been told my discs are slightly warped today. Either put up with the pad hitting the discs creating a tch, tch,tch sound you can hear with the window open- or try Citroen on the warranty- just over 7k miles and 4 month old

More interested in what an upgrade would be- vented and channelled discs? Would you have to upgrade calipers too? - before I get a rollicking-am be using search button
                Chris you can install vented or/and grooved disks and a set of aftermarket pads as an upgrade without doing anything to the calipers as long as the disks are the same size as stock.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post

Hi Chris

I have a mate who is a partner in a brake company and before I changed mine we had a long chat about discs and pads and TBH grooved discs are not really worth the money more for show .......................yes they may de-glase the pads slightly but if you get a good standard disc with say a fast road pad (nothing radical) it will work better .

If you are thinking of track day a change in fluid will help loads

I ended up with standard disc and had their pad material on my old backing plates .........................good progressive feel from cold and a stage better than standard ...........
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Thanks chaps- will look into- didn't think brake fluid
                    Was thinking grooved and channelled more for heat dissipation so discs don't warp as easy
                    Last edited by Chris_Blue; 10-08-2013, 07:20.
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                    X