oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil

I have a 1.6 petrol engine I have noticed inside the oil cap a small amount of mayonase/about a teaspoon full/ should I be worried? I only commute to work 7 miles one way and the last couple of months I haven't had a good long run out is it normal?

if your water level is sitting where it should be ,then nothing to worry about its just moisture because of short runs. give it a long run once a week it will vanish.

Comment

By Mayonnaise do you mean white visible in under the oil filler cap ? If so I think that can indicate water and oil mixing together which obviously is not good, on one of my old cars it was the pre-cursor to the head gasket going....

Are you able to check the engine for any signs of leakage around the seals etc ? If yours is anything like mine there really is not much engine visible so this might be tricky. If you're worried you could ask the dealer to have a quick look...
      sigpic

Comment

If you have not lost any water take it for a longish run that should help the problem
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

the white stuff is moisture.it is quite common ,a weather change from warm,moist weather to cold weather or frost,can cause the problem give the car a long run and watch it vanish.

Comment

As some of the guys have already stated it will be moisture. a long run will burn it off

check your dipstick and if its only oil there then no worries BUT if you see creamy mayo on your dipstic then worry do not use the car AT ALL
            http://www.ds3club.co.uk/attachment....4&d=1420569803
            :rolleyes: Too Good For Heaven & Too Bad For Hell :mad:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X