• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ecu question

does anyone know if the ecu on our cars are locked or not

thanks Gordon

Some are, some aren't....

You could take a picture of the ECU label and post it up here and someone like Jamie at SP Tuning might be able to confirm it for you.
    sigpic

Comment

as far as I know the older Bosch MED17.4.1 ECU is not, but the newer ones (MED 17.4.2) are locked as they come.

Comment

if it helps my car is 62 plate 120bhp vti model

Comment

Mine is a 12 plate and had the protected ECU but Jamie was able to remap it anyway.... Without a picture of the label, like this:

We're all just guessing....
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

Mine is a 12 plate and had the protected ECU but Jamie was able to remap it anyway.... Without a picture of the label, like this:

We're all just guessing.... As you'll see I have the Continental ECU not the Bosch one
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5946[/ATTACH]

We're all just guessing.... As you'll see I have the Continental ECU not the Bosch one
              From what I've seen, the Diesels have the French Continental ECU and THPs and other petrols have the Hungarian Bosch ECU.

As others have said, you have a good chance of it NOT having protection if it is the older 17.4 ECU but if you have the newer 17.4.2 ECU then you will most likely have protection. <-Note these models are only on the THP (I think).
              '11 Noir Obsidian Citroen DS3 Dstyle 120VTi w/ darkest legal tint, K&N High-flow filter, carbon side strips, deleted resonator, tech pack. SOLD!
              THE BEE '12 Sport Yellow Citroen DS3 DSport THP155 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

Comment

1.6thp is Bosch MED17.4.x
                90 hdi Bosch EDC17Cx
                110hdi Siemens SID807 and SID807a

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
                White on red THP
                Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

[QUOTE=Jamie@SPTuning;95603]1.6thp is Bosch MED17.4.x
                  90 hdi Bosch EDC17Cx
                  110hdi Siemens SID807 and SID807a

what about the 1.6 120bhp vti model James

Comment

Working...
                  X