Lane changer signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lane changer signals

Hi, does anyone know if you can turn off the lane changers on the indicator column and if so how???

Hi, Don't think so, but why would you want it turning off? If you are clicking the indicator stalk up/down fully then it will stay on until you either turn the steering wheel enough to cancel it or you cancel it yourself. I really like the lane changer indicator tbh. :-)

Comment

They only click three times then go off. The times I've told my learner a to just leave them alone, lol. Not as annoying as the ones in Corsa's.

Welcome to the club

Comment

janey why do you or wOULD you want to turn your indicators off? (NOT that you can anyway but have to ask the question)

welcome to the club
        Last edited by DS3man STEVE; 22-03-2013, 21:03.
        http://www.ds3club.co.uk/attachment....4&d=1420569803
        :rolleyes: Too Good For Heaven & Too Bad For Hell :mad:

sigpic

Comment

No nice comment for someone that wants to do away with there turn indicators. If your just talking about the 1 tap 3 flash function then would encourage you to use it more when signaling a lane change, actually quite convenient as you do not have to turn on then back off.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

What next? No indicators at all? Drivers are beginning to develope bad habits of not indicating their intentions. What happened to "Mirror Signal Manouver":rolleyes:
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AJ07 View Post
              What next? No indicators at all? Drivers are beginning to develope bad habits of not indicating their intentions. What happened to "Mirror Signal Manouver":rolleyes:
              isn't there already cars like that lol i know ive come across quite a few HEYYYY arent they called TAXI DRIVERS
              http://www.ds3club.co.uk/attachment....4&d=1420569803
              :rolleyes: Too Good For Heaven & Too Bad For Hell :mad:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DS3man STEVE View Post
                isn't there already cars like that lol i know ive come across quite a few HEYYYY arent they called TAXI DRIVERS
                Bus drivers toooo
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by AJ07 View Post
                  What happened to "Mirror Signal Manouver":rolleyes:
                  Still got it. Not sure if it meant my post but when I said leave them alone I meant when they cancelled the indicators but pushed it too far onto lane change mode and spent ages fighting to cancel instead of leaving it to do its job.

Comment

Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
                    Still got it. Not sure if it meant my post but when I said leave them alone I meant when they cancelled the indicators but pushed it too far onto lane change mode and spent ages fighting to cancel instead of leaving it to do its job.
                    Around here it seems as soon as people pass their tests they forget what that little stalk on the steering column is for. Mums on the school run in particular in their 4x4 with little Johnny in the back. Followed a driver home from work last night who seemed to be driving on his brakes and did not use his indicators once even when he had stopped at junctions. When I passed him on a small dual carriageway I noticed in my rearview mirror that he was clearly on his mobile phone and must have been for the last four miles that I had been following.
                    sigpic

Comment

They annoy me as it makes it hard to thank drivers behind with the one flash each side cortesy.
                      62 Reg DS3 DStyle Plus - Sport Red with Black Roof

Comment

Hi Thanks for the welcome everyone, I'm a driving instructor and my students really get in a pickle with them, I have shown them at the side of the road how to deal with them but put them in a stressful situation and they panic... Makes me feel bad I had a Corsa before and was able to turn the lane changers off... Lots of happy pupils!! No problem really, they'll just have to deal with it I guess!!

Comment

hi did not know there was a 1 tap 3 flashers you learn some thing new every day
                          DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Janey View Post
                            Hi Thanks for the welcome everyone, I'm a driving instructor and my students really get in a pickle with them, I have shown them at the side of the road how to deal with them but put them in a stressful situation and they panic... Makes me feel bad I had a Corsa before and was able to turn the lane changers off... Lots of happy pupils!! No problem really, they'll just have to deal with it I guess!!
                            Yep programmed them out my corsa but not really had trouble with my leathers once explained. Mind you there are some students you could just shoot, lol.

AJ you obviously hadn't got the special glasses needed to see their magic indicators.

Comment

Originally posted by ds3r View Post
                              hi did not know there was a 1 tap 3 flashers you learn some thing new every day
                              Yep if you push stalk down/up without fully engaging then the lane change 3 flashes happens

Comment

Working...
                              X