Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fallback on the revs/turbolag of somesort.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallback on the revs/turbolag of somesort.

So I got this weird Issue, after I had my remap reinstalled (citroen had a callback) and refitted the recirc valve, i'm having these weird issues when accelerating from a 2000-2500 RPM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC45nG8Tq4g
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzpHW2JU1JY

Would this be the valve causing this?
    (haven't had time yet to switch to the original valve, but wanted to ask around allready)

update: The garage where I had the remap said it could possibly be a slipping clutch :/
    Last edited by Raain; 26-03-2013, 15:49.
    BLACK DS3 Sport Chic 150THP | Forge Induction Kit | Skytune Exhaust

Yes, this is what happened when my clutch went, soon as I put my foot down, the revs would raise ridiculously without the car speeding up much at all. Try dipping the clutch slightly and releasing it when at speed with you foot on the accelerator if the revs don't go back down after releasing the clutch, its almost definitely clutch slip.
    DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

THIS! This is exactly what I got! Sometimes in 5th - 6th on the motorway it'll do it over and over again a few times...

So far it's been back and forth the dealership for 5 months trying to be resolved... been there 3 weeks today again

Mine's completely standard as well.. It's odd... It went into Citroen for 7 weeks having the engine decoked.. I got it back and the revs issued stopped for 2 weeks before it came back... But I'm thinking because the car had been stood unused for 2 weeks it gave the clutch a break..

Pat I take it they replaced the clutch and the problem went straight away? I think I may need to show this thread to them
      Last edited by DickiJ; 27-03-2013, 18:04.

Comment

Shitty french shit
        sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
        Third time around.
        Work in Progress

Comment

Yup. Car only had 9500 when it happened. Citroen and the dealer went 50:50 to replace it. I'd only driven the car 500 miles at that point, they first blamed my driving then the previous owner.

At 25k now, been problem free since!
          DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

I am going to be so angry if my car has been back and forth the dealership for half a year and it's been this! I will be refusing to pay a penny!

Comment

O, I have been with my car to the garage for about 3 times now...
              Clunking windows, recall for upgrade to motormanagement and then the issues with some sensors...

I'm getting quite pissed off really... Next week i'll be heading to the guys that did the remap who will analyse what's wrong (which they said will most likely be the clutch....) and if needed lower the torque values... So much for my stage 1 remap eh..

Comment

Just went to pick mine up after they replaced the High Pressure Fuel Pump... 4 minutes into the drive it super knocked twice with very loud ticking noises... Luckily the technician was in the car with me...

Back to the drawing board again.. what a waste of 7 months!

Comment

Originally posted by DickiJ View Post
                  Just went to pick mine up after they replaced the High Pressure Fuel Pump... 4 minutes into the drive it super knocked twice with very loud ticking noises... Luckily the technician was in the car with me...

Back to the drawing board again.. what a waste of 7 months!
                  I had to live with the uncertainty of my THP for 2 years after long life items failed more than once luckily I am pretty clued up on motors and the dealer was a really good one so most things were addressed straight away BUT this does not get away from the Chocolate THP engine though.

I have now parted with this car and lost a bit on the money front but Have a top spec 62 plate Derv Burner should have made the switch ages ago dont really notice the difference in performance ok it slower 0-60 but the midrange punch is really pleasing..............................now for a re-map maybe Lol
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

I'm not sure what they are going to try next... They've decoked it, done the timing chain and the fuel pump... I think that's all the common faults fixed!

Comment

If the problems keep coming... I'm really considering going to another brand...
                      It's not like it's a cheap car to begin with so...

Comment

Working...
                      X