Risk Of Particle Filter Clogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Risk Of Particle Filter Clogging

My first post in a while guys but I wanted to post my recent issues with my DS3 incase anyone is having or has the same issue and Citroen try to claim "It never happens".

Car: 1.6 HDI 110 DSport 2011
    Dealership: WR Davies Citroen Stafford

A few months ago I was on a long journey when the "Risk of particle filter" Warning displayed in the MFD along with the service light on the dash. After some reading on the forum I thought this was a little strange as it was a long - high speed journey with a tank of fuel above half a tank. By the following morning the light had extinguished so I thought the filter had regenerated. Although the following day the light returned so I booked the car into the dealership who performed a force regeneration.

After a few days back in the car the light returned, so I returned the car to the dealer who again forced regeneration on the car. This time unbeknown to me charged the lease company for the regeneration blaming my driving style for the warning light.

Now I have had this car for 18 months and never had an issue and my journeys are longer, and at a more constant 50+ speed now than they used to be so there is no way this could be my driving style. I do several 30+ mile journeys a week at 50MPH + with over quarter of a tank of fuel and the engine up to temperature.

So armed with this information and a mileage log for a typical week I returned to the dealer, they reluctantly acknowledged that there maybe an issue with the car! Really?!?!

Since then it went back in had the DPF filter and sensors replaced. A week later the light returned.

Eolys system flushed, flow rates tested and Eolys tank topped up. They took it for a weekend test and yet again the light returned.

They now think it maybe an ECU or electrical fault. This is it's fourth visit totalling about six weeks in a little over two months.

I shall keep you all up to date

Interesting read! Hope it gets sorted I just ignore mine as always comes on and off at its own pleasure !

Comment

Unfortunately the DPF seems to be the Diesel DS3 Achilles heel
      Seems a fair few having issues with the DPF
      Same as the THP 150 had its "Tick, Tick tick" blown engine issues they were so lovingly referred to - pretty much disappeared with the 155
      Its not just the DS3 either- a lot of other vehicles have trouble with the DPFs

Be interesting to see how you get on Bruce

Maybe just do what Zacks done- Take it out
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post

Maybe just do what Zacks done- Take it out
        Yeah, do this. This will fix all your problems and everything else will be fine.
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
          Yeah, do this. This will fix all your problems and everything else will be fine.

What's that aftershave you're wearing Liam - is it Eau de Sarcasm?

JB

Comment

60% of the time, it works every time.
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
              Unfortunately the DPF seems to be the Diesel DS3 Achilles heel
              Seems a fair few having issues with the DPF
              What a load of bollocks! You make it sound as if every diesel is about to blow up. Come on Chris be realistic for gods sake ;0)

Comment

Unfortunately with it being a lease deleting the DPF isn't an option for me. I have just had the car returned to me in the last few minutes so after the following:

New DPF, sensors tested, Eolys flushed and refilled and tested they are now saying they have done a software upgrade on the car and are fairly confident this will have resolved the issue. I will know in 2 weeks (it usually takes 5 days for the light to come back on). Whether this has done the job...

So if this works and anyone else has the same issue advise the dealership to check the software before replacing thousands of pounds worth of parts with weeks of being without the car .

Again I'll keep you all up to date.

Comment

I can only speak from experience but...

Mileage: 45000
                  Error messages: 0

DS3 diesel - thrashed and loving it!

JB

Comment

Take the F**king bulb out
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

I'm wondering if this is another case of 'diesel waxing' causing a false error message.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                        I'm wondering if this is another case of 'diesel waxing' causing a false error message.
                        Still sounds like a new method of hair removal to me

JB

Comment

I am on 13,000 miles now and have never seen this message on my DS3, I don't think it's quite the epidemic Chris claims either. Hopefully the dealer have fixed bruceds3's now.....
                          sigpic

Comment

A faulty DPF pressure can cause this, condensation can gather in the pipe work and upset the readings intermittently. They're only around £50, would have thought the dealer would have changed this.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                            Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
                            White on red THP
                            Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

My 110 diesel has 14000 on clock had this message about 6 times now been in twice for forced regeneration , been on today actually again but after a good run and restart service light has gone again

Comment

Working...
                              X