Risk Of Particle Filter Clogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh,

some of you may remember my DS3 sport 110hdi over a year ago going through this. Poor MPG, really lumpy and constantly coming up with risk of depollition...

Well I walked away from that car at 55K quite unhappy with the fact that despite replacing the DPF and looking after me they never really fixed it.

Well I bought another 110hdi sport with 10K on and managed another 15K before service light and risk of depollution clogging. Its had a new DPF ( 3weeks ago) and now lights up every 100 miles. I brim the tank and get 500-530 miles per tank drinving to work in London and back (approx 660 miles a week).
    After the last one and the pain - I only use BP diesel and still the garage are at a loss... The theory now is that the Eloy fluid is released when the fuel cap is opened as there is a small switch in the filler neck that detects removal of the filler. Brimming the tank and running to empty means it runs out of fluid and then cannot regenerate!!!!

I regularly drop to 4/5th and run at 70 for 15-20 mins to try and force a regen and get things to temperature. Even tried filling 3 times a week.

Alas nothing seems to work and this will no doubt be the last chance citroen/pug get (this is my 4th 110hdi in 4 years) the first two 207 GT Hdi's were temperamental with the dpf, but cleared regularly and were good for 12K between the light coming on.

Is it really a design fault or am I just that unlucky? I can live with the service light, but MPG has dropped from 60 to 50 and it's pretty sluggish, it's spoiling my enjoyment

cheers

mark

Comment

Just to keep you guys up to date. I have since done 400 miles in a week (usually comes on after 250 miles and five days roughly). The light has still not returned. Anyone experiencing this issue although it may be a different issue to mine, I strongly recommend pointing the dealership to Citroen UK who it was informed WR Davies of the software update fix for this issue. So far so good and keeping my fingers crossed!!

Comment

Hi all,

update - been a while since I went and kicked the dealer, they changed the DPF and eloy once again and the fauly came up within 1000 miles....

Anyway went back and they said oh, theres new s/w to fix that?!?

That was in May and it's been sorted ever since

Comment

How much is a DPF to replace then? And do they have a lifespan with normal use?
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

remember one thing when finger pointing. They cannot blame driving style without proof
            Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
              How much is a DPF to replace then? And do they have a lifespan with normal use?
              See Jamie's post below

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
              A faulty DPF pressure can cause this, condensation can gather in the pipe work and upset the readings intermittently. They're only around £50, would have thought the dealer would have changed this.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
              Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
              sigpic

Comment

^ ^ ^ ^ So are you saying lfc, that a Diesel Particulate filter is £50 to replace
                I thought they were around £1000
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

I have no idea Chris as I've never had to replace one on the diesels I've owned, I assumed that Jamie was referring to a the DPF but maybe he wasn't then.

Perhaps Aidan can give us a price ? You could be right though as there is a second hand one on ebay for £316 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-DS...=174028&ih=015
                  Last edited by lfcrule1972; 01-10-2013, 06:58.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
                    remember one thing when finger pointing. They cannot blame driving style without proof
                    Thing is though that driving style and use can have everything to do with DPFS clogging.

Had a customer who insisted on having a diesel for low tax and only does around 4,000 miles a year with lots of very short runs, needless to say we have seen he a couple of times with anti-pollution fault light on.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I seem to average 20k+ miles a year so that makes sense as to why I haven't (touch wood) had any issues yet. I understand the logic of removing the DPF once the warranty is up but I'm not sure I'd like the clouds of smoke you see afterwards
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X