I'm Jinxed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Jinxed!!!

So had my car 5 weeks, had the damaged splashguard and chips from the day I got it (it's just gone in today to get that repaired), I've had the total electrical shutdown for some as yet unexplained reason (It will be in for investigation next week), the radio packed in for one 30 minute journey, been ok since but that too will be getting checked out.

Now the latest and worst of the lot! Last Friday I went to the local McDonalds Drive Through, was faced with a large queue going into the drive through, I thought I could squeeze in to the entrance for the car park if I went on the kerb. I did but didn't know the kerb was loose, so it fell back and the car went into a dip catching the skirt on the passenger side. I heard a sickening scraping noise, parked up the skirt was hanging down, 2 of the clips had broken. I thought that was as bad as it was but washing it yesterday noticed the front of the skirt is all scraped.

So, anyone know how expensive these are and are they easily fitted by myself?

Enjoying my Skoda courtesty car by the way:mad:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NGM; 01-04-2013, 19:22.

You can buy bags of the clips on amazon or eBay for a could of quid.

Money is on the dealership saying you can't buy the clips individually and trying to charge you a couple hundred quid for a new skirt.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
      You can buy bags of the clips on amazon or eBay for a could of quid.

Money is on the dealership saying you can't buy the clips individually and trying to charge you a couple hundred quid for a new skirt.
      Thanks, as you will see from the pic I just added the problem is worse than just a couple of missing clips, I COULD carry on as it is but my eyes are drwn to it every time!

Comment

Originally posted by NGM View Post
        Thanks, as you will see from the pic I just added the problem is worse than just a couple of missing clips, I COULD carry on as it is but my eyes are drwn to it every time!
        Would suggest go on ebay looking for a DS3 being broken up and email them?
        Be a lot cheaper
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

YOU'RE Jinxed ? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
            Would suggest go on ebay looking for a DS3 being broken up and email them?
            Be a lot cheaper
            That was actually my first port of call the other day but no joy.

Comment

If theres no skirts on the auction site, track down bits of a DS3 thats been placed by Salavagers, and email them
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
              X