2 year- 20,000 mile service due

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 year- 20,000 mile service due

Hi just thought I would get latest views/cost info on 2 year/20,000 mile service, our 1.6 THP is due this now,
    costed at Hartwell Citroen Chester was £213.45 inc VAT/Parts, is that about right?

Any other typical costs around Chester area would be appreciated.
    thanks Darren
    sigpic

I must be really naive because i thought the services within the first 3 years were free!

Turns out they're not (!) but when i bought mine they included 3 years free servicing for some reason. Which was nice.

Comment

I must be really naive because i thought the services within the first 3 years were free!

Turns out they're not (!) but when i bought mine they included 3 years free servicing for some reason. Which was nice.

Comment

Yeh unfortunately bought mine second hand from Citroen garage so not for me
        Darren
        sigpic

Comment

Citroen do offer good servicing deals in which you pay so much per month towards future servicing. It can also include MOT fee. My DS3 Dstyle HDI I pay £21 per month and this covers servicing and MOT for the next 4 years regardless of increase in labour rates or parts. You can cancel the agreement anytime and get a refund of any remaining monies. The plan is also transferable from one. Vehicle. O the next should you sell it.

Comment

£213.45 all in for the 20k-mile service on a THP is pretty good. I paid £199 a while back, after shopping around - the next lowest quote was £225, and the others were considerably more than that.

I'll shortly be phoning around for quotes for my 40k-miler, which will inevitably be more because apparently that one includes new plugs & air filter.

Comment

Sounds cheap. The 2 year service for my DS3 cost about 400 eur (about £340) in a citroen authorized dealer. The mileage was only 14 000 km (about 8700 miles).

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

gunna get it booked today for next week then,tried another dealer similar price, this one is on my doorstep so be easier to go to them, see how they do and what else they try to sell me next then. A dealer yester suggested a brake fluid change as well, 2 years old really!!!!
                  I will post next week when it's been done.
                  thanks all
                  Darren
                  sigpic

Comment

It is normal to have brake fluid changed every two years

Comment

Hi all, had the car serviced last week then, mostly ok, just one thing need help with now, having had the service the dealer
                      reported to the wife that the car was missing the air intake pipe? Unfortunately I couldn't pick the car up myself so not sure exactly where this is, I think I may have what looks like a missing large diameter pipe on the right hand side running under another pipe, to be honest nowadays I only top the washer fluid up and check the oil so never noticed anything missing, bit disapointed the Citroen dealer who sold us the car last year did not sort this.
                      Questions.
                      Any idea what the part number might be? Before I decide to buy from Citroen
                      Am I looking in the right place?
                      This must have some effect on the driving of the car what? Otherwise why have it?

Thanks for any help & advice
                      Darren
                      sigpic

Comment

Believe that you have the THP engine Darren. Ignoring all the nonstandard stuff on my car, we can see in the attached pic the way air gets in to the engine I believe that you mean the lower air pipe that feeds air from behind the headlight area to the airbox. There are a number of pieces to this pipe and without knowing how much is missing part #'s are kind of hard. The lack of this pipe should be adversely effecting power by the engine sucking hot air. The affect would have been minimised during the cold winter months but with summer coming should get it replaced. As this pipe is before the filter it should not have caused any permanent harm. Other than a breakers, Citroen is likely to be the only place you will get these parts.

Attached Files
                        Originally posted by cyclone
                        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                        Originally posted by Broda
                        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Cyclone, thanks for taking the time to respond, think I will just got get it ordered and be done with it the
                          Thanks again Darren
                          sigpic

Comment

Cyclone, luckily got a Citroen dealer really close they were most helpful, gave me the part list and diagram so i have attached for anyone else as well, ordered the part £33,will fit myself when it arrives

thanks Darren
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

It might have gone missing if someone needed to gain access to the battery compartment at some stage.

Comment

Working...
                              X