Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitted new Clutch - How do you bleed the pedal ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitted new Clutch - How do you bleed the pedal ???

Hi all

I installed a new clutch yesterday in our DS3 HDI, all went well apart from how hard it is to remove the starter motor to unbolt the box !!!

For ref original unit removed was an LUK part, exactly the same part numbers as the replacement I got from euro carparts.

The pedal is now sitting quite low and I can't engage a gear so I think it needs bleeding up. The gearbox has the external slave cylinder which has a plastic nipple on it but you can't slacken it off its moulded into the plastic. Does it have an internal valve or something, I can’t figure it out, was expecting the normal slacken off style that connect a drain pipe too and then pump the pedal ?

Cheers
    Matt

It's those 2 clips. Engage the the clip farther from the nipple then disengage the clip closer to the nipple. Now pull out on the line fitting just above the clips, the clip that is engaged should keep it from pulling all the way out. This should open up the port.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Thanks for the reply cyclone !

I looked at it yesterday and thought it might be something similar but didn't want to risk messing it up. Ill also add once you pull the 2nd clip loose you also have to pull the joint apart around 5mm which opens the valve and starts the fluid flowing.

I spent ages looking on the Internet for any info about changing a clutch on the DS but found nothing, I guess there's still a bit new yet. In the end I just decided to go it alone, took me just under 11 hours working on the ground with only two axle stands and a trolley jack on my own.

Pedal feels so much better now.

Cheers
      Matt

Comment

Good effort, last clutch I changed was on my first car way back in 1990 !
        sigpic

Comment

This may help:

Remove the protection cap from the bleed orifice (4).
          Store the protection cap in a clean place.
          Couple a transparent pipe onto the bleed orifice (4).
          CAUTION : The end of the transparent pipe must be submerged into the brake fluid.

Clamp the clip (2).
          CAUTION : The clip (2) must always remain clipped in position on the hydraulic clutch slave cylinder during the bleed.

Unclip the clip (3).
          Pull on the hydraulic pipe (1) to free the bleed aperture (following the arrow "a").
          Allow the brake fluid to flow out by gravity.
          Clip in place : The clip (3).
          Push down on the hydraulic pipe (1) to block the bleed aperture (In the opposite direction to the arrow).
          Uncouple the transparent pipe.
          Refit the protection cap on the bleed aperture (4).
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            This may help:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6540[/ATTACH]

Remove the protection cap from the bleed orifice (4).
            Store the protection cap in a clean place.
            Couple a transparent pipe onto the bleed orifice (4).
            CAUTION : The end of the transparent pipe must be submerged into the brake fluid.

Clamp the clip (2).
            CAUTION : The clip (2) must always remain clipped in position on the hydraulic clutch slave cylinder during the bleed.

Unclip the clip (3).
            Pull on the hydraulic pipe (1) to free the bleed aperture (following the arrow "a").
            Allow the brake fluid to flow out by gravity.
            Clip in place : The clip (3).
            Push down on the hydraulic pipe (1) to block the bleed aperture (In the opposite direction to the arrow).
            Uncouple the transparent pipe.
            Refit the protection cap on the bleed aperture (4).
            Struggling with this sh!t. Could you please re-upload the attachment? Unfuck!nbelieveable hard to bleed clutch on this french fry...
            Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
            ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
            sigpic

Comment

I'd drop DaveB a PM if you haven't already Ragna He might not see your reply otherwise.....
              sigpic

Comment

PM received - here's the missing attachment:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DS3 clutch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	356300

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  PM received - here's the missing attachment:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8325[/ATTACH]
                  tHANKS!
                  ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                  sigpic

Comment

You should only have to bleed the clutch if fluid as been lost from the system or if there as been a leak allowing air in to the system ......when you push the slave cylinder back in to the gearbox the piston will push back then all you need to do is press the pedal a few times and it will self adjust.....
                    E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
                    Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

On me Racing no flued goes do'n from reservoir to the cylinder pipelines. Du'nne what's wrong with ye....

sigpic

Comment

Hello, do you have any instructions for the clutch change? as i think my release bearing has gone cheers

Comment

1. take transaxle off
                          2. replace clutch and bearing
                          3. reinstall transaxle
                          Originally posted by cyclone
                          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                          Originally posted by Broda
                          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                          X