Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Should The Cost Of The First Service Be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Should The Cost Of The First Service Be?

Just come up to the 12k mark so the car needs it's first service. Anyone know what the approx cost would be from a Citroen main dealer and can I use a Citroen approved independent garage? Car is leased so not too sure about that.

Thanks.

Originally posted by pcmaczone View Post
    Just come up to the 12k mark so the car needs it's first service. Anyone know what the approx cost would be from a Citroen main dealer and can I use a Citroen approved independent garage? Car is leased so not too sure about that.

Thanks.
    You can use any garage you'd like. It doesn't need to be a Citroen garage.

Best way to get a price would be to give the garage a quick call and ask them how much they charge for a 10k service..
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thanks, was going to do that of course but I have no idea what is a reasonable price so that's why I asked. I am pretty sure many people on the forum have used a Citroen dealer for their first service so was hoping to get a ball park figure so I could determine if the price I am given is fair.

Comment

about £200 main dealer
        have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

To be honest with Citroen dealers all charging different labour rates you could just ask how long is a piece of string

Best bet is to get a couple of quotes from dealers in your area and go from there.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Don't forget to haggle !

Comment

Hi I've just phoned Springfield citreon in Gateshead and for the 1st 12500 service on my dsport hdi 110 it will be £149 he said it was a discounted rate at the moment , so that's a good price I think
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIsigpicC]

Comment

^ Your car used?

Comment

Originally posted by Hairychin View Post
                  Hi I've just phoned Springfield citreon in Gateshead and for the 1st 12500 service on my dsport hdi 110 it will be £149 he said it was a discounted rate at the moment , so that's a good price I think
                  Definitely a good price. I tried Citroen Letchworth and they wanted £285 + VAT! I went with Chivronics in Hitchin in the end who charged £129+VAT

I thought there was pretty much bugger all to do on a first service apart from change the oil/filter and do some basic checks? Why do Citroen think people will take their cars to them for servicing if they are going to charge such ridiculous amounts of money?

Comment

Hi yes I bought my car used but from (evsns halshaw renault ) had 8000 mls on , it's got 11800 on now , like I say I phoned today at lunch time and he said for the 1 st 12500 service on the hdi 110 it's usually £199 but tree doing an offer of £149 , I said it would be about a month or so till I reached 12500 and he said it would still be £149 inc vat Springfield citreon Gateshead
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIsigpicC]

Comment

That sounds like it's one of the national service offer that's on the go at the moment then.

Comment

Reminds me to keep an eye out for my service/warranty card in the post, I've only had the car a week and a bit so far and think it took a little longer to arrive last time.

Biggie - this time my dealer said there was no paperwork to complete for the warranty card, this is cos CUK accept that all new DS3s come with the free servicing. Is that right ?
                        sigpic

Comment

That's right, Citroen admin all the paperwork for DS3 Service Packages, bear in mind though that you will only have the servicing as the assistance part was dropped during this quarter.

Comment

Just as I see this, I rang my dealers today to book mine in for its second service next week and was told it was £210.....i think he was cross when i told him i had the servicing package!
                            Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

I've just got a couple of quotes for first service on 110 HDI, ranges from £191 at Evans Halshaw Banbury to £269 at Citroen Birmingham, so quite a difference. Citroen Birmingham have called back and offered to price match, but now I'm thinking which corners are they going to cut to get the price down.

Comment

Working...
                              X