Stuck air freshener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck air freshener

I just got my ds3 a few months back and got my hands on some refills for the built in air freshener. However it seems to be stuck in there. I turn the silver lid all the way to the left then at the end push in and again turn left so the little notch is at a 9 o clock position, yet it doesn't pop out. I've tried pulling it wriggling it but i'm completely stumped on how to remove it. Any tip would be greatly appreciated as it's driving me nuts.

Mine was like that at first , and i thought it was completely stuck but u are doing it right, it doesnt exactly pop out though. When youve turned it as far as it will go, then push in and turn it again still left , till it stops. Then you kind of , while still applying pressure to the left , pull/lift it up and out, at the same time. (that sounds well confusing !!!) As you've never removed it before thats probably why its a bit stuck in there... :mad:
    DS3 DSPORT 155 THP- Fuchsia Pink/Thorium Grey Special Edition - DO NOT TOUCH !!!

Comment

I've tried pulling and twisting it whilst lifting it left but still it's stubbornly stuck in there. It doesn't seem to be getting loose at all. I've pulled and twisted it so much I've made my thumbs sore. Man I wish there was an easier way. Looks like I'm stuck with hang on air fresheners:-(

Comment

Don't waste your time penguin, they are total crap; my advice is to buy a California Scents air freshner. A lot cheaper and lasts a lot longer.
        Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
        Take a pride in your ride
        @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

^ Yeah this, for the rrp the Citroen air fresheners aren't good enough, they're ok if you can get them cheaper but if not 3rd party ones are much better value
          sigpic

Comment

You might have loosen the top of the air fresher, try turning it all the way to the right as much as you can to tighten the top and give it another go.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thank you so much that sorted it for me.

Comment

ive taken the foam insert out of the middle of my air freshner now it has run out and left it soaking in my fav aftershave over night ,placed it back in the tube , back in the car and it smells great now , no more costly refills for me ;-)
                If in Doubt FLAT OUT!!!!!!!!

Comment

Does anyone have any more tips for getting the air freshener out? I've tried twiddling it and pushing and pulling but it just doesn't want to come out!

Comment

Do you mean the foam insert or the detaching the whole thing from the dash?
                    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                    X