clutch squawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch squawk

Has any body else experienced a clutch squawk on initial take off as the clutch is released?

It sounds like a clutch fork thrust race bearing squawking as the load comes off it?

Any ideas?

How old is the car and how many miles, Clutch Squawk from my mind is caused by the release bearing being too dry or material wear within the clutch it's self.

To be honest I would look at having the system checked out to be sure.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I've experienced this, normally on hill starts though. Gonna take it to the dealer this week to have a look at

Comment

I also have this on mine... Only hear it under quite heavy load(high revs) especially when reversing. Always wondered what it was

Comment

+1 dan when reversing under load

Comment

Some hill starts it happens to me or if I do a fast take off. It's sort of a scraping sort of sound but quite feint. My Grandpa's 208 has it too :/ So it must be a relatively common thing.
            '11 Noir Obsidian Citroen DS3 Dstyle 120VTi w/ darkest legal tint, K&N High-flow filter, carbon side strips, deleted resonator, tech pack. SOLD!
            THE BEE '12 Sport Yellow Citroen DS3 DSport THP155 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

Comment

I only have around 10,000 km or 6,000 miles on the DS3 which is THP 6 speed manual DSport and think it unlikely that the clutch material is worn but perhaps faulty or dry thrust bearing or some design issue around the clutch fork bearing and pressure plate fingers causing a noise occasionally in certain circumstances.

Mine certainly doesn't do this often but yes reversing up a steep hill or 3 point turn on a steep hill will bring it out.

I could go to the dealer but honestly I might as well go to a fortune teller. Very few well trained Citroen mechanics over here in Sydney. Well apart from Paradise perhaps.

Comment

It's in the dealers garage now having this looked at along with THP classic power loss issues. They want to drop the gearbox and have a look which sounds sensible. Will post up what happens.

Comment

Good luck, I hope these are easy fixes
                  sigpic

Comment

mine started a few weeks ago same, 115 Dsport Diesel
                    DS3 DSport 120 Blue HDI - Belle-ile Blue with Black Roof

Comment

Well I spoke to the service advisor today again and lot's going on to fix the engine but clutch wise well it's all apart and the clutch and pressure plate look fine no wear at all really which is what I would have hoped. The flywheel is off too and no excessive play in the dual mass flywheel mechanism apparently which was my next guess so its back to the clutch release thrust bearing which is a part of the slave cylinder and will be replaced as a unit.

Wish there was a decent manual so I could see all these things and have a look at it myself.

The noise is consistent with thrust release though on high rev slipping clutch from after the initial clutch bite to almost on full clutch take up when it stops.

Will get the car back in a week OR TWO have to wait and see and let you know more then.

Comment

Thanks for the update
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes- thanks for the update :star:
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hope all is well when you get it back
                            DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                            Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

+1 here .. and mine is jerky on first and second gear

Comment

Working...
                              X