No announcement yet.

clutch squawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK The car is back from the garage at last.

Clutch Squark is gone but really all they did was pull it all apart lean and check and reassemble it. They found a lot of clutch dust? well not a lot but a lot for 12,000km or 7,500 miles but that was it. having only put 100km on it so far all is good so my assumption would have to be it wasn't assembled correctly from day one. some sort of misalignment perhaps with pressure plate or thrust bearing?

Who knows? I would have rather found a fault to fix though as my experience suggest these things come back to haunt you.Click image for larger version

Name:	DS3THP155 Warranty service-small.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	356288

Comment

seems clutch squawk is another fault that occurs a fair bit according to this thread
      Spose id better book mine in again.............
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

my old THP did it in it reverse but i thought it was only because i was reversing the car into drive every night it was on a bit of slope at the bottom of the drive. thought it was just my car

Comment

I get a weird noise every now and again on setting off in 1st. Can't really describe it but it sounds like metal on metal. I need to book an MOT and service soon so I'll get them to check it out.
          May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
          October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
          Instagram @adamds3

Comment

I have just had similar problems with my 2015 DSport+ BlueHdi, had this noise several months now as described above and was progressively getting worse.
            Noise occured when pulling off on a slight incline or pulling off on full lock on the steering. Only ever happened in 1st or reverse gears.
            I thought it was the thrust bearing on the clutch - so did the dealer. Anyway they agreed to take the box out and solve the problem under warranty.
            Turns out it was the slave cylinder, drove the car home tonight - no noises and the clutch feels much lighter as well.
            Fingers crossed it stays like this!!

Hope this info maybe of use to someone with similar problems.

Paul.

Comment

Working...
            X