Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radio stopped working

hi all need some help

tonite on the way to work i stopped at the local shop ,stopped the car as normal locked it up came back and started it up radio not working but evreything else is fine cd /sat nav aux all working as normal anys ways didnt think anything of it until started to smell smoke wires burning etc but not all the time so i pulled off the rd stopped the car had a look under the bonnet nothing stuck my head near the centre console smelt smoke turn the car off locked it and walked away, ten mins later opened the car & started it up all working fine even the radio and no smoke smell any ideas anyone
    regards ron
    by the way its going into citroen on friday pm
    have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Had you turned the radio on?
    C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

yeah even looked at the fuse's
      have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

i had a similar issue a few weeks ago without the burning smell, i had been sitting with the engine off but radio on and went onto my phone to check emails and since the phone is always conected via bluetooth i got a message which said MY PHONE on screen. radio didnt work and the car even went into limp mode till my wife decided to call me to see if that would clear it and low and behold it sorted it. not sure if your phone was linked to the car or not but it was strange

Comment

Very odd, you'd hope that an electrical fault would at least trip a fuse...

I did have a bluetooth issue with the original stereo unit in my DS3, it unit would freeze and the display would stay on even after the car was turned off and locked. The dealer looked into it and spoke to CUK and they sent a replacement head unit with new firmware on it, no further issues after that.

When the unit was frozen and permanently on I had to disconnect the negative battery lead to reset it.
          Last edited by lfcrule1972; 22-05-2013, 17:55.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X