Need some help with the Eco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with the Eco

I have only had my car a couple of months now and this issue has happened three times now and I don't know if it something to worry about. After a long journey I pull up and stop the engine doesn't turn off (which it should as Eco mode is turned on) and the Eco light is flashing. I turn the engine off with the key and I can hear a fan powering down, I get out the car and smell a strong heat smell.
    As this has happened a couple of times I rang the dealership they had it in a checked it, they rang me back and said they couldn't find anything. I then had this young kid on the phone telling me how to use the Eco on the car, saying make sure the seat belts are plugged in when driving the car! (Like I would drive around with the beeping noise all the time) I don't really now how the Eco thing works,but I finally spoke to someone who said it might be the filter in the exhaust burning off the carbon and the Eco wont kick in as it needs power to do this.

Has anyone else had this or is this normal? Would really like someone else's thoughts.

Loads of things effect the stop start feature on the car. It has to be the right temperature, depends if you have your lights on or off, air con on or off etc etc.
    sounds normal to me.
    C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

Totally normal - you are experiencing a regeneration of the dpf. To generate the extremely high temps required needs lots of energy from the car which means it can't enter Eco mode.
      Last edited by Markm49uk; 23-05-2013, 21:33. Reason: Repeated myself

Comment

^ Yep this and what Twin1 said, lots of factors affect when the Eco works, the heat and fan you mention is the regeneration of the DPF.
        sigpic

Comment

Again just to add to the previous comments that there is nothing to worry about, the ECO mode is quite particular about when it engages and one of those scenarios it when the DPF is regenerating.

...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks for everyone answers, that has really helped.

Comment

Working...
            X