Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat adjust handle

Hi,
    sorry I’m really more of an interloper here as my wife has a 2012 DS3 1.6 Eco-diesel as a loan car which she very much likes it

but it didn’t come with an Owner’s Manual and I’ve not been able to view or download one from the web

I have a couple of points (not moans) so I’ve started separate threads for each, this one -

this is really for info only in case it happens to anyone else on here

I tried to adjust the (passenger) seat back and the chunky handle just pulled out of its location

and the seat wont tip forward to allow access to the rear seat (two-door car)

I can't see a quick repair and as this is on a loan car it's not my really my concern as we don't need to get at the back seats

Click on my File Repository link below.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

thanks, very useful

so, the handle is in two parts - it could be that part(s) 4 and/or 60 are broken or faulty too or instead of the handle - I wouldn't be able to tell without taking the handle off the driver's seat to compare

but I didn't break the parts, it was done before we got the car so it's with the loan company to fix it

but thanks anyway

Comment

NTA, I appreciate you taking the time to split off your threads into different posts regarding different issues.

Really helpful, thanks.

I'd probably make the loan company aware of the defect in any case, if it's their car I'm sure they'd want to be aware if something is wrong with it. Better be on the safe side..
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
          Really helpful, thanks.
          I love helpful Interlopers

Comment

NTA, I appreciate you taking the time to split off your threads into different posts regarding different issues.

Really helpful, thanks.
            no problem

I have to do it that way as well because I confuse others (and myself) when I post one subject per post

I'd probably make the loan company aware of the defect in any case, if it's their car I'm sure they'd want to be aware if something is wrong with it. Better be on the safe side..
            yes we'll let them know, I suspect whoever broke it didn't because you pay for such things but I don't think they worry too much as it's a courtesy car from the repairers via the insurance company (£22 extra on the insurance premium so has been very good value) plus the speed of delivery and collection allows for only cursory checks

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
              just good manners, give as well as take

*ETA: see next post*

elsewhere I posted some info on checking and possibly resolving a car problem but couldn't post photos so I put to email me personally, about half a dozen have and I emailed back the info and just asked them to let me know if it worked but even those that said they would never did and to me that's bad manners at least, all but one were ladies too

I will add some old f*rt tips here too, nothing spectacular mind
              Last edited by nta16; 26-05-2013, 20:06.

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                sorry ZACK I've just seen your other post/thread I didn't realise you were taking the p*ss here, sorry over my head (parrot wind), it's a waste on me

just ignore me

Comment

Working...
                X