DS3 2013 THP petrol turbo failure!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 2013 THP petrol turbo failure!!

My 3 month old THP petrol has had turbo failure twice and gone into limp mode!! The first time it had done 1900 miles and in it went to the local dealer. They changed a sensor to the turbo and all was supposedly well.......until two weeks later, the same thing happened again. So, now the local dealer are saying that after talking to Citroen direct, have been advised to do an ECU upgrade!?
    They are running it for a couple of days whilst having it plugged into the computer - so roll on Tuesday when I pick it up!
    I haven't had a good start with this machine..... First the salesman ordered me the wrong model (DS Sport instead of the Sport Plus!), so after a heated discussion they put the necessary toys on to upgrade it. Then he registered in my husband's name and we had both write to DVLA. We then noticed a bulge on the front bumper the day after collection!! So in it went to the body shop to have a new bumper put on as well as a new bonnet because of the visible primer, oh and a new filler cap because the yellow was a out on the shade!! They even fitted a Parrot Bluetooth and didn't realise that there is already one combined with the hifi - so now I have two Bluetooth's running.....drrrrrr!
    I am honestly wishing I had walked away when I saw the wrong model on the forecourt....!!
    Can someone please give me some words of encouragement?

The latest ECU updates I'm aware of for the THP were to cure the false illumination of an engine management light. I don't see how applying that fix would resolve an obvious issue with the turbo..

Sounds like you've had a shitter with the car so far. If I was you I'd consider giving CUK a quick call just to make them aware of how dissapointed you've been with the dealers service so far and to ask for someone there to contact the dealership to help expedite the issue.

Good luck.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by bevdooler View Post
      Can someone please give me some words of encouragement?
      You're awesome!! Woohoooooooo!

Think Strongbow is on offer.......

Wrong kind I guess...

But sincerely gutted for you, these guys will have some good advice as to what to do next
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Search the forum... So many people have this incurable problem...
        sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
        Third time around.
        Work in Progress

Comment

Thanks Dangerousfish, I am also putting pen to paper and sending in a complaint. I forgot, a fuse failed for the washers the first week as well..!! Another dealership has taken over my problems because I wouldn't trust the original dealer (and the other's closer to home!). They were telling me the upgrade is a new one (the mechanic was at some seminar or something on Wednesday!?) The diagnostic was reading low on the fuel and turbo and after the "miracle upgrade" the readings are now ok. Hey ho, time will tell.

Comment

Hi Bev. Assuming its a brand new 155, you could suggest to your dealer you are not happy, and that most places offer a no quibble guarantee- and suggest you want a replacement?
            Just a thought

Or, once the turbo issue is sorted see how it goes- not many 155s seem to have problems (Touches wood)

Suggest cos of all your hassle a gesture of goodwill is in order- after all, if you buy new, you expect it to work!

Don't think the problems with the earlier THPs were purely Turbo tho- may just have a duff turbo
            Never heard these issues on a 155 either
            So don't give up as yet PMA, PMA
            Last edited by Chris_Blue; 09-06-2013, 17:45.
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

I must be the one who's got the problem one then. Already tried the "all my hassle" etc, I just think customer service isn't all its cracked up to be these days, even the Citroen Assist is a joke. I didn't use them this time, just went direct to the dealership. If I were within the 60 day consumer rights, Id've parked in on the original dealers forecourt and told em where to shove it.....

Comment

If I were within the 60 day consumer rights, Id've parked in on the original dealers forecourt and told em where to shove it.....
                Can understand that
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Already tried the "all my hassle" etc, I just think customer service isn't all its cracked up to be these days, even the Citroen Assist is a joke.
                  Don't worry, you're not the only one with these feelings.

CUK really need to up their game when it comes to customer service, I eventually got bored of waiting for somebody pickup their phone the other day after 5 minutes listening to their hold music and decided to just ring the switchboard directly to speak to a manager.

Don't get me wrong, there's a few really nice people there but because they're constrained so tightly by their processes it makes it really difficult for them to actually be helpful.

Keep us updated with how you get on.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I've had experience with turbo failure on a customers late 2012 THP car after only 4000miles :-/
                    I had put it down to having a to stronger spring in the Forge actuator but maybe now reading this thread there's another gremlin at play somewhere.
                    Turbo failure on THP is rare, most of the time if it does blow it's down to the oil pump failing.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                    Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
                    White on red THP
                    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

As above comments, if Citroen UK were able to resolve these issues when contacted by owners it would really help with the concerns being raised in the forum
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                        I've had experience with turbo failure on a customers late 2012 THP car after only 4000miles :-/
                        I had put it down to having a to stronger spring in the Forge actuator but maybe now reading this thread there's another gremlin at play somewhere.
                        Turbo failure on THP is rare, most of the time if it does blow it's down to the oil pump failing.
                        www.SPTuning.co.uk
                        Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
                        Make me nervous. Not many miles on mine
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Bleu View Post
                          Make me nervous. Not many miles on mine
                          Steady there Chris.
                          Originally posted by cyclone
                          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                          Originally posted by Broda
                          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Don't be silly guys, the THPs are bullletproof...

Comment

Quick questions?

If the 'other' dealer is closer to home why didn't you buy the car through them instead?

Was your signed order form for a DSport or DSport plus?

Take you are the main policy holder for the insurance which is why you need to switch the details, at point of collection you should have signed a confirmation of registration which would have highlighted the mistake on the AFRL system and would have been sorted out there and then.
                              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                              X