No announcement yet.

Engine Coolant Leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys! Funnily (or not so) funnily enough - the car is currently back in the garage again as it broke down on my way home from up north last weekend! It was going fine until I nipped into Dunbar to get some milk & bread - when we came back out, car was dead! No engine, no horn, no hazards, no radio - not a thing would work. Garage just phoned to advise that they think the 'main brain' of the car is broken, which is why nothing will work. Even the guys at the garage are admitting that they have never experienced a DS3 like mine with so many problems. SO glad that its all under warranty.....my faith in my car has gone :-(

Comment

There was a recall for the ground wire from the battery being to short and and causing exactly what you described. Might want them to check it out.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

My DS3 had extremely low engine coolant after its recent trip to the garage for drive chain fault. I filled it up and they are checking it on Saturday. I hope its not a similar issue :confused:

Going to check it now !!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
        ***** Clio 182 182BHP - SOLD *****
        ***** DS3 DSport Plus 155THP - SOLD *****
        ***** Audi S3 300BHP - KEEPING *****
        ***** DS3 Performance Black 210THP - CANCELLED ORDER *****

sigpic

Comment

Phhhhew!! Its still sitting where I filled it too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
          ***** Clio 182 182BHP - SOLD *****
          ***** DS3 DSport Plus 155THP - SOLD *****
          ***** Audi S3 300BHP - KEEPING *****
          ***** DS3 Performance Black 210THP - CANCELLED ORDER *****

sigpic

Comment

Well, car back this morning - and the garage advise that the wires (I can't remember what the actual name was that he used) behind the dashboard was faulty. Says that the 'earth' wire was exposed and not in anyway covered in rubber like the others. Says it wasn't even bolted into position so they have no idea how I have managed to drive the car for 18 months before it broke down. As I've only ever had the car at their garage, they suspect that it has been like that since car was made. Fixed now, so HOPEFULLY I will have no further problems with it....seriously scunnered!

Comment

Originally posted by jecknlaul View Post
              Well, car back this morning - and the garage advise that the wires (I can't remember what the actual name was that he used) behind the dashboard was faulty. Says that the 'earth' wire was exposed and not in anyway covered in rubber like the others. Says it wasn't even bolted into position so they have no idea how I have managed to drive the car for 18 months before it broke down. As I've only ever had the car at their garage, they suspect that it has been like that since car was made. Fixed now, so HOPEFULLY I will have no further problems with it....seriously scunnered!
              Sounds exactly like the info-rapide the guys mentioned earlier.

Glad it's been sorted for you.
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

So it turns out that I am having the EXACT same problem with the engine coolant and water pump...So angry. The car is a year old and I've only owned it a month. I've had a new clutch, damaged alloy which they replaced, rust on the drivers door which they're not willing to reply... But fix. I heard the service manager swearing on the phone because I rang... He didn't know I wasn't on hold... And now... The pissing engine coolant is bone dry! It's defo the water pump! Fuck sake!

Comment

Ive read this thread Ty, so ask them to check the water pump, and thermostat
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Sounds like it was the plastic thermostat housing all along.

Comment

Originally posted by Richardpullar View Post
                      Sounds like it was the plastic thermostat housing all along.
                      Probably, although the plastic housing water pumps were replaced with metal ones under Service Action eventually.
                      Regards,

Simon

2011 DS3 DSport (Sport Red with Onyx Black Roof).
                      2014 208 GTi (Calado Blue).

Comment

I just read this thread as I am having the same issue. Coolant disappearing, bone dry after each drive. Took it to Bristol street citroen yesterday as they were going to check the water pump on a recall (allegedly). They checked it, said it was leaking but couldn't replace as it did not give the correct fault code. They did not offer to fix it while they had it, just said I could collect the car. I did, found before I left they hadn't even topped it up...they were happy for me to leave with no water.

I asked for a part number for the pump...the lady gave me the wrong number, wrong part, even wrong car....

Needless to say I won't go back. I just can't get a straight answer...if the pump is leaking does the clutch( for the pump) belt etc need to be replaced as that all works fine ?

Comment

Working...
                        X