THP Cabrio issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THP Cabrio issues

An eventful evening, driving home from Birmingham to London on the A41 all of a sudden "OIL PRESSURE FAULT, STOP IMMEDIATELY" OIL LIGHT and STOP on dash. So pulled into a drive way, turned it off and back on again,checked the faults list nothing... then BEEP same again...
    So i pressed the Citroen button and eventually got through to AA, who came out. By the time the AA got there the fault wouldn't come back up, but AA man checked the OIL level and said it was down to the min on the dipstick(prob just need oil), which is a bit strange because when you turn the ignition on the OIL OK light comes up fine.....
    Got recovered back to the Citroen garage because the RED STOP came up it would be at my risk to drive it home.

What a fun day tomorrow, going to give it them both barrels because the car I traded in still has my private plate on the used car website even though I have asked for it to be removed 5 times. Also want them to check the car over, which will probably result in a OIL top up.

Minty

Hopefully they haven't recycled the old 2010 engines into the new Cabrio's.

Let us know how you get on.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Sorry to hear
      Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
      ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
      sigpic

Comment

The garage took it in today, no faults found. They said the engine is designed to burn 0.5 l of oil every 600 miles. They put 1 l in and said keep an eye on it. Also dont trust the dash gauge, use the dipstick.
        There is a backlog of service cards..
        Allegedly the licence plate of the ds3 I traded in was finally changed online yesterday.
        For once the service center experience was rather pleasant.
        Fingers crossed
        Minty

Comment

Half a litre every 600 miles !? Bloody hell
          sigpic

Comment

That can't be right surely?
            Daron Brewood

DS3 Sport Plus - 'Yellow Hawk'
            CEO smartphonegurus.com
            Phone: HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920 / 925
            Cars:
            Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

Sounds wrong to me, my diesel uses nothing like that
              sigpic

Comment

Sounds like the usual Citroen Bollox ...........................................Lol

My old THP burnt no oil and my new Weasel Burner has a dirty mark on its dip stick no oil loss for me
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Gotta say monkey- you're like a dog with a bone
                  Except your a monkey, n what they love ..... Nuts !
                  lol

Ps- and as for oil- none used in the THP 23,000 miles!
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

He's right though Chris that does sound like dealer crap unless we three have v rare engines that don't burn oil like that ? :confused:
                    sigpic

Comment

I took the car out for a run today and all seems ok. I checked the oil after, level seem fine but in the oil cap was oil mist as if was breathing heavy.
                      I was told by the AA man that the difference between the min and max on the dipstick is 1litre, does this seem correct?
                      On googling about the oil loss, there are quite a few reports of mini's who have been told it is within spec to loose that much oil.
                      My original 2011 THP never lost any oil but I never checked it at the dip stick, stupidly I trusted the dash display.
                      I am just going to keep an eye on it.

Comment

Some use, and some dont, which seems weird in my understanding (have been told before that no engine "uses" it either burns or drops out)
                        As you say, keep an eye on it by checking every day
                        Flat ground- maybe cardboard under the sump/ engine to check for droplets
                        Any round rocker cover?
                        Last edited by Chris_Blue; 23-06-2013, 22:01. Reason: add
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi Minty

Had similar issues with my MINI Cooper S which shares the same basic engine as the THP DS3. Finally had a dealer admit that it was leaking oil in three places, as I was using around a litre every 600-800 miles. Cant remember off the top of my head but one of the areas it was leaking was the Rocker cover gasket.

Could never see any oil drops on the driveway, but when under the car I could see fresh droplets of oil all over the components (gearbox housing etc)

Citroen seem to be acting dumb on this one to avoid warranty claims?

Comment

Working...
                          X