Ehdi fuel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ehdi fuel problem

I wonder if anybody out there can help?? I own a 2013 airdream ehdi that I had a little prang in the other day ( only minor damage to the front ) Bumper / headlight/ grill etc, no airbags gone off, recovered the car back home to start to replace parts and the thing will not start, tried lift pump to get fuel, does not seem to pull the fuel up to the diesel pump, so I rigged up a temporary fuel tank sat on top of the engine with a pipe directly into the fuel filter and it runs ok. now my question is, is there some kind of fuel cutoff / inertia switch anyware or anything else that is stopping the car from starting... Any help would very much be apprieceated Thanks.....

Welcome to the club Hallie
    Cant help with oil burner issues
    Someone who loves them will be along soon
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

If you had a bump to the front it is quite possible that the fuel cut off switch has been tripped for safety purposes, best advice would be to have the car recovered to a dealer to run a diagnostic test on the ECU.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Latest DV6 engines have fuel cut off built into airbag ecu, there's no cut off switch. Check faults log with Lexia in airbag ecu, if ecu has detected a shunt then the only fix is to replace ecu.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
        Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
        White on red THP
        Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
          Welcome to the club Hallie
          Cant help with oil burner issues
          Someone who loves them will be along soon
          Cheers, Just hope someone can help!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for that, but the car starts if I rig up a temporary tank, wouldn't the engine not start at all?????

Comment

Originally posted by Hallie View Post
              Thanks for that, but the car starts if I rig up a temporary tank, wouldn't the engine not start at all?????
              Not a diesel guy but If the in tank fuel pump is not working then yes it could still run if you fed fuel through your "temporary tank"
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

^ Yep I think that makes perfect sense to me too...
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys, think I will get diagnostic and I will let you know how I get on,

Comment

Working...
                  X