Hot smell??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot smell??

Now, this might just be me over worrying but....

My car after driving smells hot on the outside! I've popped the bonnet and it seems to be mainly where the little vents are (the ones made up of hexagons). It's also a similar smell around the back of the car!

Is it because its new? Or the brakes perhaps? I noticed it after a short journey in the day I got it, but just done my first 100 mile trip (48.6 mpg by the way!) and noticed it when I got out the car 3 1/2 hours ago. Just returned to the car and smell is still rather noticeable.

Any thoughts peeps? Thank you
    2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

I had a sort of hot smell when I first picked up my car, Lasted about 2 weeks. I've now had the car a month and its seemed to have gone.
    I think it was just a new car thing.
    94JDA

Comment

Thanks Joeauger. I'll just keep an eye on it. Been a long time since i had a car from new!!

Comment

As far as I'm aware, the only thing you have up their is your air-con filter (on the drivers side) the other side doesn't have anything there.

With that in mind, it could be due to your air-con being used for the first time.

I'd recommend getting it checked out by your dealer if it continues.
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thanks Dangerousfish. I called my dealer and they were pretty useless, but I'll just turn up at the servicing place tomorrow for piece of mind really. And to sort rev counter cover as marks and big finger smears all over it but on the inside!

It's just odd that the smell is at the back by the boot just as much as under the bonnet!

Comment

My bet would be the exhaust, I picked mine up just over a month ago and noticed it for several weeks, it's all settled down now though.
            sigpic

Comment

Thank you lfcrule1972.... Although itfc rule

Comment

No worries, as Fish said keep an eye on it and go to the dealers if you're concerned that it still smells after some long journeys... I'm assuming the engine temp guage is normal when you get this smell ?

it ?? Ipswich Town ?
                sigpic

Comment

Yes temp gauge is all fine; marginally above centre by a teeny bit. Yeah Ipswich is my team! Poor me!

Comment

Yes- my temp gauge has been over centre a "teeny bit" in both THPs Ive had. so that's normal
                    Mine also had a few whiffs of rubber, n brake pads and weird noises for the first 1000 miles or so

Brightons my team (Even poorer me)
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks chris_blue

Comment

Reading through and it has been covered but to to reassure the hot smell is quite normal on a new car, it will clam down within a couple of weeks once things have bedded in.
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks Bigfeet. Thanks also to everyone. My first proper post and must say the support and help and the welcome is first class! Not always the case with car clubs! Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Wes79 View Post
                            Thanks Bigfeet. Thanks also to everyone. My first proper post and must say the support and help and the welcome is first class! Not always the case with car clubs! Thank you
                            Go that extra mile for a RED edition- even though its Black LOL
                            Anything different from standard in the cabin?
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Well the dash has a fantastic looking red section to it. Also the upgraded stereo and HiFi speaker in the centre with Bluetooth, USB etc. sounds rather good if you change the bass and treble manually! My car mats just arrived today too so I'll get some pics up soon of dash, mats and my special DS3 club stickers!

Comment

Working...
                              X