Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen Chip at Roof Edge

Hey knowledgeable forum people

As you can see attached, I now have a chip on the very top edge of the windscreen on the drivers side of the rain sensor, thanks to a stone being thrown up on the motorway. I'm guessing this is unfixable with resin as its right on the edge, but is this something that would mean a screen replacement asap? or will it last for a while?

Also, as i've seen on other posts the DS3 screens should be replaced with a like for like 'Ear' symbol, accoustic style one. Is this something that autoglass know and will do automatically or do I need to specify?

Thank you in advance for anyone who has any advice on this

Katie x

Attached Files

You will be looking at having the windscreen replaced, a repair can only be carried out if the chip is at least 3cm away from the edge and yours looks from the photo to be too close. Best thing to do is get it swapped out, speak with your insurance company about having it sorted.

In regards to the windows the windscreen people should automatically select the right glass but make sure you tell them that you have the rain sensor when making the call.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

i agree with Biggie, also looks like the glass is cracked ,windscreen replacement ,
      If in Doubt FLAT OUT!!!!!!!!

Comment

Why not leave it till it gets worse (I would) - if it does
        Windscreens don't shatter any more- just crack
        Would also make sure if you get it replaced, that they know what theyre doing, or have done a DS3 before, as the main complaint in the past on here, has been cracking of the new screen
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thank you guys, will make sure I mention the rain sensor as well cheers Biggie. Stupid stone

Comment

I picked up a chip on my original DS3 when I'd only owned it a few months, luckily it could be repaired, I hate driving on roads which have the spray tar and chuck stones at it resurfacing method though. Even if you stick to the suggested speed limit you still get some idiot speeding coming the other way
            sigpic

Comment

^

Know what you mean, the worst are those blooming idiots who continue to overtake on the hatchings and the end of a carriageway and pebble dash you!
              Last edited by Bigfeet; 29-06-2013, 12:30.

Comment

I do swear a lot at those tossers too Biggie.
                sigpic

Comment

If I ever got into power I would have anti-tank mines installed on those hatchings...

Comment

Those hatchings just get in the way- only advisory
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

I too am with you guys , I mean how much time is it really saving them hurtling down the hatching to get 2 cars in front , then at the next set of lights I pull at side of them and think to myself "that got you far didn't it ya Tosser "
                      If in Doubt FLAT OUT!!!!!!!!

Comment

They might be advisory Chris but they are full of stones and rubbish as courteous drivers don't drive on them.....
                        sigpic

Comment

I had almost as bad chip on almost the same spot on my windscreen last fall. I didn't notice it until the same week was the first below-zero temperatures and the screen cracked starting from the chip. The crack went down and then turned 90 degrees and went over the rain sensor. I had to replace the screen and luckily I had glass insurance so it only cost 150 euros for me, got it replaced on the dealer with a original windscreen.

Comment

Working...
                          X