servicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• servicing

Took my ehdi into the garage to book it in for its first service, spanner has been flashing for a while, when I bought the car 18mths ago I was told it would only need a service mileage/2yrs, anyhow long story short................... it appears now this should have been its '2nd service' not its first as apparently citroen last year changed it to a yearly service for the diesel.......... anyone else been told this?
    :confused: anyhow hopefully now I will get my dodgy temp sensor fixed, they didn't quite believe me when I said it was reading 79 degrees at 6.3o am...... until I produced photos lol, mentioned my corroding alloys, sticky door trim peeling off and black mud flap thingy pulling away under the wheel arch I really hope all this gets sorted under warrantly, on the plus side looks like I can do an early upgrade on the elect3............ cabriolet looks temping :Joni:
    sigpic

Got a similar issue ,my service book said 12.5k or 1 year, been told by Citroën its 2 years .Cars after july 2012 require service every year models prior to this require 2 years or 12.5k whichever is the sooner.If you register with myCitroën website it will tell you when yours.
    DS3 1.6THP 165 Pearlescent Ink. White roof.

Comment

Ok will do.... Cheers
      sigpic

Comment

Both mine (12 reg and 13 reg) are (were) 12,500 or 1 year servicing, the dealer made it clear when I picked them up
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ablyth View Post
          ... it appears now this should have been its '2nd service' not its first as apparently citroen last year changed it to a yearly service for the diesel..........
          *sigh*

Some dealers....
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

If your 12 plate was registered july 2012 onwards then it will be 1 year same as your 13 car.

Comment

My 12 plate (now RIP) was registered June 2012 but still had the 1 year/12,500 mile service requirement :confused:
              sigpic

Comment

^

*Double Sigh*

I really can't understand how dealers find it so hard to understand....!
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I wish you were my dealer Biggie....
                  sigpic

Comment

mine is a 61 plate, but was told when I got it that it was a 2 year or mileage first service. Hence the shock when the above was mentioned.
                    sigpic

Comment

Take a look at this on Citroën website re servicing.

http://info.citroen.co.uk/finance-an...vice-intervals

Comment

Yeah I tried, it doesn't show 13 plates, but the diesel is shown as 12,500 or 2 years whichever comes soonest, typically I will do that mileage in about 9m so nothing changes for me....

My previous diesel was an Astra SRi and that had 2 years service intervals rather than mileage based.... It's probably my only gripe with the DS3 diesels...
                        sigpic

Comment

2 years and 20 000 miles. That's long. Lucky me, I live in Finland and it's considered as "harsh weather area" so my 2011 petrol has service every year.

Comment

Originally posted by pmatil View Post
                            2 years and 20 000 miles. That's long. Lucky me, I live in Finland and it's considered as "harsh weather area" so my 2011 petrol has service every year.
                            Looks like I will need a service every 6 months the rate I am chewing the miles
                            Thinking bout changing the oil and filter every 6000 miles myself, but wonder if that would invalidate the warranty
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Only if you TELL 'em?

Just picked my 155 up yesterday (:cool and first BIGGIE that has struck me, is,

BOY the engine bay is RED HOT!! Probably the confined space and the turbo etc.
                              but, went to open the bonnet and quite surprised at just how hot the front of the
                              bonnet was.
                              With that in mind, I quickly checked service booklet and found 1 year/20,000 miles??
                              WHAT? On a highly strung turbo/ 16 valve/ high-heat little engine ?
                              No wonder peeps get chain/tensioner problems!!
                              I will def' change oil at LEAST every 10,000 possibly less (and it's not even MY car...
                              ...it's leased!)
                              But i may not tell them- I'll think about that one.
                              (They'd probably use some OVERservicing cr#p as an excuse if something DID go wrong ?!)

FatS.
                              Last edited by FatS; 28-07-2013, 05:14. Reason: added line
                              :cool: YELLOWS :cool:

Comment

Working...
                              X