DS3 Temperature Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Temperature Gauge

Hi Guys, Hoping someone can help? I have a 61 reg DS3 with 8k on it 1.6 120 VTI. I have noticed when driving from cold the temp gauge will do what it should and climb to the middle. Recently however it has started to fluctuate from the middle to either just under the middle or a bit closer to the quarter mark whilst driving. It will the creep between the two regularly. It will tend to drop more when accelerating to 70 but never goes over the middle mark even when sat in traffic. Is this normal behaviour with the fluctuations In increased ventilation at higher speeds or should it sit in the middle and not move. ( Dodgy temp sensor) the car drives fine and returns 45.5 mpg. Any advice would be better than winning the lottery lol...thank you in advance Paul.

Sounds like a faulty thermostat.

Comment

Did you ever find the cause, as I have same symptoms, same engine.

Comment

Mine only rises to the middle when sat in traffic, mines obviously a faulty thermostat, out of interest what should a 1.6 vti 120 be doing average mpg, I drive mine 50 round trip daily on the motorway, it’s not hammered, and mine is averaging 40mpg

Comment

40 sounds about right, I get about 37 with a lot of traffic and the occasional hard acceleration when I get a chance. It's claimed 52, so 40 is pretty good. My trip data was on 42mpg when I bought the car, but my circumstances and heavier foot have changed that a bit...
          ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
          X