Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THP 155 - Another Problem

Hi Folks,
    Having had my water pump replaced 2 weeks ago on my DSport+ THP 155, I've discovered since that a couple of times it has not started very well at all and it has developed a slight overrun when I turn the ignition off. Also this evening when I was driving home the Stop Temperature warning light came on and the needle on the gauge went from nearly cold to max in about a tenth of a second and then back to nearly cold and the Stop warning went away again! I checked the car and it seemed fine and was driving OK. Plenty of coolant in the expansion bottle/tank.
    The car has always had a slightly "lumpy" feel to it on tickover (like the timing is ever so slightly out), but I just put that down as being normal.
    By the way the car is not yet 12 months old and has done 8.6K miles. Any ideas?

Coolant temperature sensor or sensor connector.
    Or maybe a small airlock in the coolant system still from fitting the waterpump.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
    Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Hi Jamie,
      Thanks for taking the time to reply. A dodgy sensor would seem logical given the way the Stop waring light comes on and the temp gauge needle goes from cold to overheat and then back again in about a second. It did it again this morning and the engine wasn't even up to normal temperature.
      Am I likely to be doing any damage by continuing to drive or is this just a niggling fault? Also, would this explain the ocassional difficulty starting and the slight overrun?

Comment

If the sensor is at fault it could cause overrun yes. I would get it into the dealers for a diagnosis though asap.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Update: the problem got worse to the point where the stop warning sign was on permanently and the cooling fan was also on permanently, so I used Citroen Assist to get the car recovered and taken to my local dealer. They have replaced the coolant temperature sensor housing and it seems back to normal.
          Very impressed with Citroen Assist. I didn't realise that you were entitled to a hire car! Does Citroen Assist last for the life of the warranty?

Comment

Originally posted by Alimac View Post
            Update: the problem got worse to the point where the stop warning sign was on permanently and the cooling fan was also on permanently, so I used Citroen Assist to get the car recovered and taken to my local dealer. They have replaced the coolant temperature sensor housing and it seems back to normal.
            Very impressed with Citroen Assist. I didn't realise that you were entitled to a hire car! Does Citroen Assist last for the life of the warranty?
            Something makes me think only a year But why was your water pump replaced at such a low mileage?
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Originally posted by Alimac View Post
              My little card thing says Citroen assist and Service package till 2016, so not sure

Will argue I thought Citroen assist was for the 3 years

Couldn't cancel my RAC anyway- so Ive tWo recovery packages running

Monkey- off again are ya LOLOLOL
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                Monkey- off again are ya LOLOLOL
                Not really Chris just asking the important questions strange to have a water pump go on such a young car:confused:and you could not deny that unless the OP has light years on the clock

Just done a search 8500 miles bit low ......................??
                Last edited by monkeynuts; 03-08-2013, 15:41.

Comment

Things go wrong on cars- even coolant temperature sensor housings.
                  And yes- sometimes to new cars
                  Last edited by Chris_Blue; 03-08-2013, 16:03.
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                    Things go wrong on cars- even coolant temperature sensor housings.
                    And yes- sometimes to new cars
                    They seem to but again a water pump failure after 8500 seems not quite correct and TBH this forum is not really the best place to gauge failures because most people will post a fail more times than a great driveshame because both petrol and diesel types are a really outstanding looking motor and are being dragged back because of poor quality control

Comment

Might change my user name to Doctor DS3...
                      Glad it's fixed

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                      Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
                      White on red THP
                      Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Working...
                      X