Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forthcoming service - any dealership recommendations near NW Manchester?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forthcoming service - any dealership recommendations near NW Manchester?

Hi guys will be looking to book the THP's first service within a weekor two. So I need to select a dealership. Ideal requirements are:
    • Will collect from work, service and return same day
    • Will follow 'no not clean' instructions
    • Will do a decent job.
    • If needed a courtesy car would be required

I'm in the M24 area of Manchester and would likely dealership via location would be:

Pentagon Oldham - Citroen
    Park Road
    Oldham
    Lancashire
    OL4 1SR

Any pro / cons for them, or alternative recommendation?

We bought the car from Walker Farrimond Ltd in Nelson, and they would do the work but as they are 35-40 minutes away on the motorway they are not ideal.
    Daron Brewood

DS3 Sport Plus - 'Yellow Hawk'
    CEO smartphonegurus.com
    Phone: HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920 / 925
    Cars:
    Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Barclays Warrington are the only dealership I've had a standard of good service from. Bury, Bolton and Manchester never seem to know the difference between their arseholes and a windscreen.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Daron

Bury are useless as are Stockport and Sale. Only local ones that are half decent are Bolton and Hyde.
      Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
      Take a pride in your ride
      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Right, so these three I guess..... with Stoneacre at the top of the list:

Stoneacre Hyde
        292 Market Street
        Hyde
        Cheshire
        SK14 1HD
        12.2 Miles, 17 minutes

BCC BOLTON CITROEN
        Higher Bridge Street
        Bolton
        BL1 2HF
        13.9 Miles, 18 minutes

Bentleys Motors Ltd
        415 Manchester Road
        Warrington
        Cheshire
        WA1 3LR
        22.1 Miles 31 minutes
        Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
        Cars:
        Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

Hi Daron, I bought my car from Pentagon Oldham, but to date I haven't had any cause to have dealings with their service department (thankfully), so afraid I can't give you a recommendation one way or the other on that one. I will be looking to use them for my servicing in the future, so I too would appreciate any feedback from others in the area.

Middleton area? I used to be a member at North Manchester Golf Club at Rhodes; we used to get quite a few cheeky chappies off the Langley estate, whose idea of fun was to run out of the trees and pinch golf balls off the fairways - oh, how we laughed at their antics!

Steve

Comment

dont go to a dealership charge an arm and a leg and maybe a hand
            Ds3 Dstyle + white with black top!! all new headlight bulbs, 100w main beam bulbs, SMD sidelights, custom rocker cover, lego dust caps, lime green calipers front and back, colour coded badges, tailored floor matts, citroen wind deflectors, carbon front splitter, carbon side skirts, carbon rear diffuser!

Comment

Originally posted by edwardospeako View Post
              dont go to a dealership charge an arm and a leg and maybe a hand
              I have the 3 yr/35K miles service package, so I don't have a choice, and I should keep all my limbs intact

Comment

Originally posted by Marechal View Post
                Hi Daron, I bought my car from Pentagon Oldham, but to date I haven't had any cause to have dealings with their service department (thankfully), so afraid I can't give you a recommendation one way or the other on that one. I will be looking to use them for my servicing in the future, so I too would appreciate any feedback from others in the area.

Middleton area? I used to be a member at North Manchester Golf Club at Rhodes; we used to get quite a few cheeky chappies off the Langley estate, whose idea of fun was to run out of the trees and pinch golf balls off the fairways - oh, how we laughed at their antics!

Steve
                Steve, I'm originally from Alkrington and do know that the scrotes are still on Langley lol
                @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
                  Steve, I'm originally from Alkrington and do know that the scrotes are still on Langley lol
                  Now, now, Andy, I'm not sure that calling them "scrotes" is altogether fair - I've used much harsher terms! But, in reality, I'm sure they're just "misunderstood"

Comment

Originally posted by Marechal View Post
                    Now, now, Andy, I'm not sure that calling them "scrotes" is altogether fair - I've used much harsher terms! But, in reality, I'm sure they're just "misunderstood"
                    The excuse nowadays I believe is that they have ADHD
                    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
                      The excuse nowadays I believe is that they have ADHD
                      Ah, that's progress for you. We didn't have anything like that when I were a lad - we had it tough!

Last edited by Marechal; 03-08-2013, 06:42. Reason: Link to video

Comment

I bought my car from Stoneacre in Hyde & have been very satisfied with the service I've received from them.

Comment

Okay Hyde it is then i guess, will contact them once we get back from Wales. Hope they will collect etc from my area.
                          Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
                          Cars:

Comment

Can I ask why you are looking for collection so much?
                            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                            Bigfeet's File Repository
                            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

So I can avoid using a days holiday.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
                              Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
                              Cars:

Comment

Working...
                              X