Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Locking issue

Hi All!

I am the proud owner of a Ds3 in white and black but I have a very strange issue.

I picked the car up this afternoon, drove her home, parked and locked the car. When I have gone back out this evening my unlock button on my remote does not want to work and I have had to open the car manually. When I opened the car I have noticed that the clock has returned back to its factory setting, which I find very strange.

I have tried to reinitialize the remote key and this still hasn't resolved the problem?

I thought Id ask if anyone else has come across this before i go back to the dealership.

By the way I LOVE THE CAR!!

Cheers

Aaron

Sorry not seen this before, I also checked the similar threads at the bottom of the page but don't think they were the same issues as yours....
    sigpic

Comment

Cheers, Its really strange....I can unlock it straight away with the key after locking but its seems to happen after the car goes into sleep mode.....maybe its has a bad memory??
      I feel a trip to the dealership coming on

Comment

With the clock resetting you'd think it sounds electrical wouldn't you ?
        sigpic

Comment

Yeh, I only picked it up today band new and it seems like its keeps reverting back to its originally factory setting.....

Im going to pay the dealership a visit tomorrow to see of that can have a look

Comment

Hi there, got same fault on my cabrio - did you get your issue resolved and what was the problem?
            Regards
            colin

Comment

Aaron doesn't appear to have been on the forum since 31 August, hopefully he'll pop by and update the thread
              sigpic

Comment

Sounds to me that the Shunt fuse has not been moved!

Open the glovebox and pull off the cover, inside you should see a large grey fuse sitting inside a large hole, move the fuse over and your done.

It will look like this;

This should have been done at PDI...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Bigfeet; 25-09-2013, 09:28.
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Oh.... never heard of that before, I'm gonna check at lunch now as I'm nosey I'd give you rep but I need to spread it around a bit first apparently
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi there,
                    I can confirm that is indeed the answer as I found the cause myself which I believe was my own fault having removed it to check if a fuse had blown and put it back slightly out of place.
                    Thanks for the replies!
                    Regards
                    Colin

Comment

Glad its sorted.

Moral of the story- always revisit the last thing you did, if somethings is wrong.
                      Like retracing of steps
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                        Glad its sorted.

Moral of the story- always revisit the last thing you did, if somethings is wrong.
                        Like retracing of steps
                        After a 'thinking' cup of tea
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                          After a 'thinking' cup of tea
                          Other beverages are available
                          Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Working...
                          X