• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What made you think it was a 155?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

It was more a mental abberation at the point of writing the original post as I was thinking more about describing the problem than about getting the THP15x bit right! When I saw you guys talking about it not being reported on a 155 before, it made go and check which one I had!
      Last edited by Bigus; 12-09-2013, 11:04.

Comment

Fair enough- from what I recall it says the 150 or 155 on the V5 Reg document
        Cant remember where mine is LOL
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
          Fair enough- from what I recall it says the 150 or 155 on the V5 Reg document
          Cant remember where mine is LOL
          To be fair I wasn't even aware they had changed engines and that the 155 existed until I came on here, I had to do some googling to confirm what I had. I was and still am waiting for an announcement on a DS4R, il have my name dawn for that badboy in a jiffy.

Comment

Looked at the DS4 when it came out
            Bit big for us- be like a flying tank a DS4r
            LOL
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Looked at the DS4 when it came out
              Bit big for us- be like a flying tank a DS4r
              LOL
              I don't think the DS4 looks anywhere near as good as the 3, but the pics of the DS4R looked pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                I don't think the DS4 looks anywhere near as good as the 3, but the pics of the DS4R looked pretty awesome.
                Good family car don't get me wrong, (DS4) but my kids are now Grandkids (If you get my drift)
                So smaller for me....cos the parents drive the grandkids (Only once I let them in the back of mine- bleeding chewing gum on central console- u gotta laugh not)
                That new Jag looks good

And a DS4 Racing- well any Racing should be tasty
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

And a DS4 Racing- well any Racing should be tasty
                  Agree but as long as it dont have a THP derived engine ........................and before you "say anything " you must agree lol
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

If I had the money for a DS4r I think I'd wait until we knew the engine a bit
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                      If I had the money for a DS4r I think I'd wait until we knew the engine a bit
                      It wasn't THP, the article said about 300BHP I think and im sure it was a 2.0L, il have to google for it.

Comment

Well for the record, having had a second look at the car yesterday the dealer reckons they have found the cause of the power loss - the knock sensor. New one will be fitted next Tuesday so will have to see how that goes.

They did sort the oil leak out this time which they said was a pipe of some form (didn't quite catch which one).

Comment

Don't know what the knock sensor does
                          Maybe silly point...but...does it sense "knock" (Which used to be called pinking? Pre ignition of fuel in combustion chamber)

If it does, then probably best to sort out the knock cause, rather than just change the sensor
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Don't know what the knock sensor does
                            Maybe silly point...but...does it sense "knock" (Which used to be called pinking? Pre ignition of fuel in combustion chamber)

If it does, then probably best to sort out the knock cause, rather than just change the sensor
                            Knock sensor detects as it says Knock or pinking and retards the ignition to stop the engine destroying it self .

My 150 used to knock slightly but different plugs and top petrol sorted that

Comment

Cheers Monkey- thought so but was guessing
                              Always use top petrol me........but we wont have that debate again LOL
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Cheers Monkey- thought so but was guessing
                                Always use top petrol me........but we wont have that debate again LOL
                                The thp loves decent petrol it gives the car that extra sparkle ...............stuck some stupid Uber quick VPower while in Germany made no difference Lol mad Germans !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X