No announcement yet.

Brief Power Loss on Quick Acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have used that Tesco momentum stuff rated 99 octane, but was told its bulked up with ethanol, (Well it is if its a racing car) which isn't great for the engine. Didn't notice any difference so went back to BP Ult.
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
      Have used that Tesco momentum stuff rated 99 octane, but was told its bulked up with ethanol, (Well it is if its a racing car) which isn't great for the engine. Didn't notice any difference so went back to BP Ult.
      Ive used that before but use BP Ultimate when possible, well for the last couple of thousand miles I have, before that it was normal Tesco stuff.

Comment

Normal Tesco stuff bit of a no-no for longevity of 150 I fear, purely IMO obvs.
        Had a good chat with the BP Rep at Goodwood- came away impressed with the claims how BP Ultimate works (But hey- theyre sales people too I suppose)
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

I've been using Shell V Power Nitro in my diesel for the past 5 fills, I think in all honesty the car may feel a little smoother on acceleration but I don't think there is any noticeable improvement in performance. The average MPG has dropped by almost 2mpg as well and i have really tried to drive it as I did with the non premium fuels....

Not sure whether to carry on with it past the 6th tank now or not, I know it's only £4.80 more expensive on a full fill but I thought there would be more improvements.
          sigpic

Comment

^ ^ We pays our money, and takes our choice I suppose
            Least you tried it
            I just feel happier about putting decent stuff in
            Last edited by Chris_Blue; 28-09-2013, 18:30. Reason: spell typo
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Yeah I know Chris, I honestly don't know if it's worth it for me Perhaps I was expecting too much in terms of what the fuel could deliver ? I'll think about it again after the 6th fill, the worst part is finding a Shell garage when I'm getting low if I'm not local to home lol
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X