Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse gear sticking!

Hi guys,

I posted a while ago about my car leaking in the rear passenger foot well, that's still not resolved although the dealer insisted on replacing the carpet this weekend, even though I've said it will leak again.

But today, I lifted the shift button to select reverse and its stuck, so when I pulled it out of reverse (and pushed it across to select 1st it went straight back into reverse. As the shift hadnt popped back. So I'm having to push the shift lever (if thats what its called) down and then select 1st again. Has this happened to anyone? I'm fine as I remember I need to push it down, but my pupils willconfused as to why its going over to reverse again. I have 2 tests next week and unsure if ill get to the garage. Does anyone know if its an easy fix. :-)

Cat x

I think it's a spring and it sounds like its broken, give the dealer a call and see if they know what it is, they might be able to order the part so as you're not off the road for too long
    sigpic

Comment

Thank you, will call them 1st thing. It's typical they had my car from Friday until yesterday :-/

Comment

1st time heard of this problem. Don't know if you want to get into taking the shift lever apart to see what is blocking it. Other than that would just lift the boot an see if you can see anything keeping it from going back down then off to the dealer.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
        X