Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Fault Light after 2 weeks! help please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Fault Light after 2 weeks! help please!!!

Hi guys,

I was driving back from the supermarket today when the car started displaying an engine fault on the dash. I've only had the car for two weeks so I was quite frankly amazed and little angry that something could be wrong already.

I've hooked it up to my OBDII and I was given the following Codes: P0003 Powertrain & P0245 Powertrain (Turbo/Super charger wastegate solenoid "A" low).

Has anyone ever seen these codes in their DS3 before or know how complex an issue it would be to get fixed?

Thanks in advance,

N

Assuming you've bought it from a dealership you'd be we'll within your rights to take it back there and request they fix it.

As for the error codes a quick google gave the following:

OBD Code P0245refers to
    The PCM monitors the supercharger (boost) bypass (SCB) solenoid circuit for an electrical failure. The test fails when the signal moves outside the minimum or maximum allowable calibrated parameters for a specified SCB solenoid duty cycle (100% or 0%) by PCM command.

OBD Code P0003refers to
    Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit Low is the generic definition for the P0003.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I will drop it off there first thing tomorrow morning as we were planning a trip for Tuesday.. couldn't have come at a more inconvenient time.

I am not the best when it comes to cars but I have searched a few forums and some people are suggesting poor quality fuel but I've only ever topped up at Shell and Esso so I really am stumped.

Comment

Hello, I saw you had an engine failure and error codes were: P0003 P0245 I have exactly the same engine failure like yours, I want to please if you can help me and tell me what was the problem at the end and how you solved the problem it would really help me because I do not find an answer to everything the Internet. Apparently faults interrelated because both you and I have two error codes come together. Thank you and good day. Michael

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X