No announcement yet.

Spark Plug query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done cyclone, that's the plugs I remembered from the previous discussions
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
      Platinum PLZKBR7A-G.

NKG Iridium ILZKBR7A-8G
      Price on Amazon, £38 for Iridium or £36 for Platinum.

Comment

Spark plugs are different to the Racing models - According to the service look up spark plugs should be replaced on a 40k service along with oil filter, air filter, 2x air channel filters and 4.2ltrs oil.

On a 20k service for your vehicle it requires an oil filter and 2x air channel filters
        :ds3:The Parts Advisor:ds3:
        Partsworld-UK.com
        Email
        Call: 01246 268896
        We're also dealers for Alfa, Fiat, Abarth, Hyundai, Seat, Suzuki and Volvo
        *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
          Noticed any pro's, con's, observations? a balance of anecdotes saying go for Iridium or go for Platinum, what mileage when you replaced them?
          My ignition system is not stock as I also use okada project plasma direct coil packs with the iridium plugs. Engine runs and idles smoother and more lively under load and high RPM. I am pleased with the setup.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan@Partsworld-uk.com View Post
            Spark plugs are different to the Racing models - According to the service look up spark plugs should be replaced on a 40k service along with oil filter, air filter, 2x air channel filters and 4.2ltrs oil.

On a 20k service for your vehicle it requires an oil filter and 2x air channel filters
            Thanks Aiden, are you saying the plugs Cyclone mentioned are for the 150 or racing, I agree im a little premature replacing the plugs but like I said at least I know what has been done and when.

Comment

Not to worry, we have a servicing software in our service center and I've kindly borrowed it to put on my computer to see what goes on what service to what vehicle. Yeah they are different, stock plugs for the Racing are NGK IR ILZKR8C8G.
              Partsworld-UK.com
              Email
              *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

Nice one, I've just been on your website and came close to choosing a set of rear lights, but I've decided, after mucho Google images of DS3 rear ends that I prefer my 'retro' lights . I'm still shaking my head that DS3R wheels are the best part of £2k.

Comment

Gold edition Vortex Racing Alloys at £1699
                  Black and Orange Vortex Racing Alloys £1799.99
                  ANTHRACITE GREY Vortex Racing Alloys £1799.99

7,5J18 CH4-17
                  Partsworld-UK.com
                  Email

Comment

I've got the Retro rear lights on mine still, although I've been tempted to get a set of the rear lights when i've been packaging them up to send out.
                    Partsworld-UK.com
                    Email

Comment

Gold edition Vortex Racing Alloys at £1699
                      Black and Orange Vortex Racing Alloys £1799.99
                      ANTHRACITE GREY Vortex Racing Alloys £1799.99
                      7,5J18 CH4-17
                      I know I'm missing Xmas but I'm not sure the long haired general would understand

I've got the Retro rear lights on mine still, although I've been tempted to get a set of the rear lights when i've been packaging them up to send out.
                      I'd have to see the new ones next to mine really.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                        Nice one, I've just been on your website and came close to choosing a set of rear lights, but I've decided, after mucho Google images of DS3 rear ends that I prefer my 'retro' lights
                        Holy Moly, I thought I was the only one that liked the old ones better!
                        Originally posted by cyclone
                        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                        Originally posted by Broda
                        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                          Holy Moly, I thought I was the only one that liked the old ones better!
                          The are maybe slightly more subtle?

Comment

Each to their own eh ?
                            sigpic

Comment

40k (or 20k?) between spark plug replacement seems a bit often. My previous Mazda had 120 000 km replacement interval for the plugs. I never reached it.

Comment

Originally posted by pmatil View Post
                                40k (or 20k?) between spark plug replacement seems a bit often. My previous Mazda had 120 000 km replacement interval for the plugs. I never reached it.
                                On a 40k service Citroen recommend replacing the spark plugs
                                Partsworld-UK.com
                                Email

Comment

Working...
                                X