Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this?

hey guys,

came into a bit of a problem while changing my brakes and discs which should have been maybe an hour tops..3 hours later I'm here!

basically I'm loosing break fluid? it looks like a bit of flexible tube which connects to the brake caliper/housing/shoe.. on one side its bent on the other it isn't and its leaking a little.. I'm just wondering what its called? I'll be uploading a picture soon.

Sounds like a flexible brake pipe. If it's leaking, DON'T DRIVE THE CAR!

Comment

Take a look at my File Repository as there is a PDF for the brakes on DS3, look at the procedure and see if it can offer a solution for you.

Link in my sig.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Sorry it's late, But that is the cable/wire that i'm on about.

Any idea guys?

J
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jimual View Post
          Any idea guys?

J
          Time to see the parts guy
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

do we have a parts guy on this forum? or should I take it to the garage?

j

Comment

If your only changing disc and pads why have you got mole grips on the pipe .......was it leaking before you started the job ??????
              E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
              Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

Originally posted by jimual View Post
                hey guys,

it looks like a bit of flexible tube which connects to the brake caliper/housing/shoe.. on one side its bent on the other it isn't and its leaking a little.. I'm just wondering what its called?

OK, I'll say it if no one else will!

your opening post suggests that you don't have the required level of competence to be meddling with your brakes - take it to the garage and get them to carry out the work
                Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

JB

Comment

I didn't touch it.

my mechanic did and that's why I put up this post! and yes it was leaking before so he clamped it to stop the leak and that's why I put this up to see what that part was,

I've been to the garage now and getting it fixed under warranty.

but thanks for the help guys.

Comment

The best advice I can give you is don't ever use that "mechanic" again; what's he's done is downright dangerous, bordering on criminal negligence.

Comment

Any mechanic that gets the customer to post on a forum needs goose-necking.

Comment

Wow, I hadn't realised your mechanic had left it like that ? Was it really a Citroen mechanic ?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                            Was it really a Citroen mechanic ?
                            If so he probably works at Citroen Orsett.

Comment

No wasn't a Citroen mechanic.

He works in a garage in Bath, I've always gone to him but after this little experience i'm thinking of changing.

But like i said, Took it back to my garage and getting it sorted under Warranty.

J

Comment

Working...
                              X