No announcement yet.

Dead DS3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is grim Jangles- they should just give you a new DS3 same spec, if a dealers holding one somewhere
    Maybe we should all go look at our dealers?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Sorry to hear the update. Suprised they don't have a stash of engines over here ready to replace broken ones. My vti has been ok-ish. Timing chain/oil leak, bearing in input shaft in gearbox went, sounds like a tank some days, new noise things week that I'm hoping will go away......

Hope they get a quick turn around done for you. Don't be afraid to call them and ask for updates if you don't hear from them. To them its a task on a joblist, to you its way more!! Just keep the communication up and a level head

Sent from my HTC
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Thanks all - still no engine despite being told that it would arrive last Thursday therefore all going well I'd be able to collect it tomorrow. Don't really feel that I kick off too much as Customer Services have sorted out a a hire car for me and have been nothing other than polite and informative whenever I ring them. The garage just fob me off with telling me there's nothing more they can do until engine arrives!!!!

Comment

Really feel for you I had this issue where it needed a new engine took mine a good 6 weeks to get back on the road but citroen did provide me with a car so if they say no too you get on the phone to citroen uk. Again sorry to hear this never known a VTi to go wrong.
          sigpicDs3 Racing

Comment

It's a fair point, without the engine there is nothing your dealer can do is there Hope it arrives this week....
            sigpic

Comment

Just wait for that "Phoenix" moment
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Update! Engine is in transit from France - ETA 24 October - fingers crossed for completion on 31 October........ watch this space!
                Last edited by Jangles; 23-10-2013, 08:28.

Comment

Good luck;-)

Sent from my iPhone using The Force
                  sigpic
                  Gone but not forgotten....replaced by SEAT Ibiza Toca in Black

Comment

........ what this space!

hmmmmm /grammar police switch ON ....... watch this space! /grammar police switch OFF

hehe :cool:

Comment

31st October eh? Just in time for a midnight drive to see the ghosties and ghoulies :star:
                      Your car comes back from the dead
                      Last edited by Chris_Blue; 22-10-2013, 15:36.
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by pmk View Post
                        ........ what this space!

hmmmmm /grammar police switch ON ....... watch this space! /grammar police switch OFF

hehe :cool:
                        I simply have no idea what you are talking about

Comment

When you get busted by the Grammar man you'll know
                          sigpic

Comment

^ ^ Yes- he certainly lives up to his name of Grammar Nazi
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hope u get it back when they say, any more info on what caused the engine failure?
                              DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                              Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

No longer dead!! Collected my car yesterday, initially very excited and pleased, within 5 mins furious and ready to kill!!! New engine installed, brakes a little noisy from bring sat still for 6 weeks but soon wore off, however I wasn't prepared for the unbelievable shower of paper ash that flew out at me at speed from the air vent whilst driving less than 1/2 mile away from the garage! Return to garage, hand keys over and explain what just happened, car gets taken round to workshop, within 2 mins the chap returns with car and keys to tell me that paper had been shoved into the vent and that it was a lengthy costly job not covered by warranty and when would I like to book it in!!!!

I'm generally a calm, well mannered lady but this tipped me over the edge! Keys handed back, refused to leave garage until they sorted out what ever cock up they had caused and made sure that every one in the showroom was aware how pissed off I was!! Turns out that the protective paper they had used whilst fitting the engine was never removed therefore sucked into the vent, burnt and shredded into tiny pieces and shot out at force when the vent was first used! They did admit to knowing about this fault and even wrote it down in their notes however did feck all about it!!

I sat in the showroom for 15 mins whilst they fixed the "lengthy costly" fault before the keys were given to me without a word of apology and I was ushered out!

My car might well have a lovely new engine but the inside is now covered in ash, stinks of the most grim odour and I'm left feeling very concerned with what other cock ups I'm yet to find!!

My contact at customer services will be contacting me on Monday for a full update!! Fair play this service has been fault less..... Shame about the garage!

Comment

Working...
                                X