X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD2 Gauges

Just bought an OBD2 Wifi Scanner & downloaded DashCommander for iPhone

Seems pretty cool, fast response rate & customisable

Anyone else know of any other good OBD2 iPhone apps?

Oh..... do you need anything else for this to work or just the iPhone and the App ?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by x6411 View Post
      Just bought an OBD2 Wifi Scanner & downloaded DashCommander for iPhone
      Do you mean DashCommand? Website / iTunes

£34.99 for the app, do you think it's worth it?

Do you have a link to the OBD2 WiFi Scanner you got?
      Last edited by BeefMasta; 26-09-2013, 12:01.
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Whoa ! Don't think I like the shiny lights that much
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
          Oh..... do you need anything else for this to work or just the iPhone and the App ?
          You need the App and an OBD2 Wifi dongle

I got this one: EiioX WIFI WLAN OBD2 Code Reader Scanner

There are apps you can get for free as well though, rather than DashCommand

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
          Do you mean DashCommand? Website / iTunes

£34.99 for the app, do you think it's worth it?

Do you have a link to the OBD2 WiFi Scanner you got?
          Yes sorry, DashCommand
          I think if you were gonna be using the app permanently in your car (think iPad / iPod touch built into the dash) it would be worth it, as its pretty cool because you can use a skin editor on your PC to design a dash with your own images etc, and there's also a marketplace where you can download skins for free, which is where I got the Citroen Racing one from

If you have your iDevice jailbroken you can of course get away without paying £34.99 - but I wouldn't condone that!

Comment

Or if you have an android phone you can get an app called torque its a few quid or free if you know where to look and does the same has tons of readouts you can customise

Comment

One of the dashboards i have through torque
              Attached Files

Comment

You need the App and an OBD2 Wifi dongle

I got this one: EiioX WIFI WLAN OBD2 Code Reader Scanner

There are apps you can get for free as well though, rather than DashCommand

Yes sorry, DashCommand
                I think if you were gonna be using the app permanently in your car (think iPad / iPod touch built into the dash) it would be worth it, as its pretty cool because you can use a skin editor on your PC to design a dash with your own images etc, and there's also a marketplace where you can download skins for free, which is where I got the Citroen Racing one from

If you have your iDevice jailbroken you can of course get away without paying £34.99 - but I wouldn't condone that!
                Thanks for the info
                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                  Thanks for the info
                  No problem

You can get cheaper WIFI scanners than the one I got, but they'll probably have to come from china which means a longer wait, the one I got ships through Amazon so next day delivery

Comment

I picked up a bluetooth adapter from Amazon for about a fiver from china. Took about 10 days to arrive, haven't had any problems with it.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                      I picked up a bluetooth adapter from Amazon for about a fiver from china. Took about 10 days to arrive, haven't had any problems with it.
                      Good stuff - the bluetooth ones won't work on IOS devices though, because Apple.

Comment

Good stuff - the bluetooth ones won't work on IOS devices though, because Apple.
                        Rotten Apples.

I've been running droid + torque pro with bluetooth chinacrappo for years.
                        Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                        ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X